Vintage 80's toy ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntCtchMe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok. i know i havent posted for a very long time but i have a question for all you experts on 80's memorabilia. Maybe late 80's there was a yellow vehicle (i think it was yellow) it had a shifter on the back of it and maybe 4" wide and about 1"1/2 tall
tires until you pulled the shifter, then the wheels would shrink to about 2" wide and the tires would balloon up and fan out to about 3" tall for traction it was motorized and moved forward and reverse, I'm pretty sre the shifter was an H pattern but thats all i remember about it
i can't remember the name of it or who made it. My older brother had one back in the day and i remember breaking it by leaving it behind my moms 350 caprice wagon, needless to say it got smashed, so i was trying to find him one for his birthday because he liked it so much. thanks for reading and i hope somone knows what I'm talking about

Last edited:
i think the body kinda looked like that but it was at least 1/14th scale, i know it wasn't as big at 1/10th but too big to be 1/18th, seems like somthing hasbro would have come out with. thanks for looking though

No problem. About the only other thing with a shifter on the roof that I can think of might be a Tonka type thing.

I am not sure what they are called but they were 4wd also. I have exactly what it looks like in my head.

yeah i can picture it in my head as well but i can't find a picture of it anywhere I've tried typing in all sorts of things in yahoo and google but nothing comes up, the only names that come to my head are prowler or panther, the name revolved around somthing to do with the tires or having good traction i think

[/COLOR]
playskool-1.jpg

that one has shifters on the roof, that is what i was thinking about...

then you have "the animal" and one of those was yellow but i dont see a shifter..

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/1607/

EDIT!!! i found it!!! its called "flex"

here is the old commercial!!

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/204/

Last edited:
hot damn great find thanks alot, i forgot all about the animal, i had one of them, i think there still is a claw or 2 floating around the attic, i never did keep my toys in tact, thanks for finding the flex great website too ill be sitting here for hours now watchin vids, there gos my day off to clean the garage and play with my stampede.

yea i watched about 20 of them... i was laughing so hard.

i think i watched all the 80s toys, and about 25 comericials for movies, thats a great site, takes me back to when i was kid, i can't belive how outdated everything looks, 20 years sure does alot. all the transformer toys look so much better than the ones they make now, they acually were made pretty good, so were the G.I joe toys they took a beating back then, now it doesn't take much to break them. i only know this because i found a few out of pagage at my job and i just had to see how strong they are now, only took a couple shots from an airsoft gun and it was destroyed, i used to shoot mine with a bb gun and it could take a whole clip before it was useless