view completley changed on this whole sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerSL92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i bought a losi MRC last week and had been running it inside and making some different scenarios out of furniture, boxes, and whatever i could find since its been raining. I was kind of disappointed that i had just spent 240$ on it until i took it outside today in our lovely 75 degrees + weather

Running my nitro trucks was not even close to how much fun the MRC was once i got outside climbing over stick piles, logs, dirt hills, pretty much ANYTHING i could find i was trying to crawl over! the only disappointment i had was when the battery died :(

Deffiantly see where i need bent links, the relocated batter plate+lipo, and better shocks
But.... i realized i could have gotten a AX10 RTC for like 20$ more, so before i go and dump money into a 1/18 RC do you guys think i should buy the Axial and just buy the upgrades as i need them?

Ya the axial will be more fun in the long run, but either way I'm sure you will have fun, Good luck

That's what's so great about this hobby. The upgrades are endless. Go to a competition and no 2 are alike. When you get tired of high speed nitro, there's high speed electric. Then there's crawling, short track, etc. Then there's the boats, planes, helis and whatever else you can come up with.

Keep breaking stuff so you can upgrade it. Wrenching on them is the best part of it all when you see what it will do.

If you get the axial, go with the ARTC and use your own electronics, and it comes with all metal links.

If you get the axial, go with the ARTC and use your own electronics, and it comes with all metal links.

yea i was originally planning on getting the ARTR but after i looked into it i was gonna be 500$+ in and not even know if i liked it yet

plus when your 18 working at chuckie cheeses, getting 300$ every 2 weeks its hard to buy stuff i WANT vs stuff i NEED like gas/food, hahaha

Look on the forums. If you check out rccrawler.com and qualify to see their classified section, they usually have great deals on crawlers/scalers.

if you like crawling, wait till you are introduced to scaling. Its so much fun!

If you can definitely get the Axial RTC it will crawl over way more stuff then little MRC ever will and you can upgrade it over time, but right from the get go you are gonna want to upgrade the steering servo on either rig. My Comp Rig started out as a ARTR and now it is a full blown comp crawler.

I have an MRC and have done all kinds of upgrades. I've got the bent links and the Carbon Fiber battery/servo tray. I also added the Losi aluminum Bead locks with a set of the optional heavy weights in the front. I've also added the Mongoose 17.5t brushless and a 1200 mAh 2s LiPo. It's a blast to run in the rocks. I've got some pictures of it last weekend that I need to post.

There aren't as many upgrades for these little beasts, but there are some really nice ones that make it a good little crawler.

Back