Video of my DEX408 on the local track :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty cool! I love Durango kits. Theres a couple of small things that kind of irritate me about the company. Parts being out of stock to often mostly but their kits are awesome! I wish it was nice enough to go to our local track around here...to cold.

Thanks, I know they are premium kits but an they are so pricey. I'd love to build a DEX408T but am hard pressed to spend thatuch money on one.

I've been looking at their 4wd SCT kit. I wish I had the bucks....

i just wish we had a track that anyone could use
there is one track in my state and you virtually have to be a championship contender and you have to race

I've been looking at their 4wd SCT kit. I wish I had the bucks....

Make sure you get the V2 if you get one HAMZ. I have the original and I've bought a couple of the V2 upgrades for it but not all of them yet.

I have been eying the DEX408 as my next kit. How do you like yours override?

I have been eying the DEX408 as my next kit. How do you like yours override?

I really like it a lot, setup stock with 45wt in the front and 30wt in the rear shocks, base fluids in the diffs (can't remember off the top) all I did was set the ride height and threw it on the track. It drives really well in stock form, the only thing is the rear slides quite a bit and at slower speeds it tends to roll to much. So I think the only things that really needs a little tweaking is the fluid in the rear diff, shock springs and droop. I also added Lunsford titanium turnbuckles all the way around and shock boots!

I bought it used and drove it once the way the previous owner had it setup. It drove like ass, handling was very poor, it wanted to nose dive in the air on almost every jump.

Here is what she turned out like :D Oh and for anyone interested the DEX weight's in at 8lbs 1oz fully loaded :)

DSC02917_zps22614d3c.jpg

DSC02918_zpsf2b6d62a.jpg

DSC02919_zpsc5fca626.jpg

DSC02927_zps8659a00e.jpg

DSC02928_zps58d5d0cd.jpg

DSC02930_zps39d8ccdb.jpg

DSC02931_zps4437839f.jpg

DSC02932_zpsa379a413.jpg

DSC02933_zps7b6e4473.jpg

DSC02934_zpsc0936f25.jpg

DSC02935_zps4a543fb4.jpg

DSC02938_zps3deafc7b.jpg

DSC02941_zps9fa2922f.jpg

DSC02943_zps0f42e33b.jpg

DSC02944_zps08a4db51.jpg

First impressions on the Viper ESC were "Very Impressive", after messing with the ProGauge and getting some drive time in I can say the ESC has lived up to everything I have read about it. That day at RCHQ I was catching some HUGE air, if I had to guess I would say about 15feet or so. The big jump is right smack dab in front of the drivers podium and I was catching enough air to be head level standing up there. Anyways a few of the landings were really hard, I had one nose dive from to much brake and two rear hits from to much throttle. It never even tried to burp, once I was back on the wheels it was spinning those tires and asking for more.

The motor is a Tekin 1900, everyone knows this is a great performing motor so I'll just leave it at that.

Steering seems to lack a little but once on the track it almost seems to much when turning rack to rack. Ofcourse that also depends on your servo setup and how much travel you want.

Diffs are beefy, very easy to work on and I love the easy access. For the rear you pull one small plate and two plastic retainer braces and it slides right out. For the front you pull a full plastic cover and it slides right out :)

I will admit the hing pin carriers seem to be a little weaker than they should but its also nice for them to have some give so you dont jack up to many other things in the case you rip an arm off.

The chassis's are expensive coming in at around $90, which is another downfall in my opinon, unlike say a VE8 chassis which you can pick up for about $20-$30. The chassis although does seem very sturdy and I don't see myself bending one anytime soon.

Last but not least the tuning options are ridiculous....Between your shock mounting positions, to the turnbuckle mounting positions, different degree c-hubs, different hinge pin angles (toe in/out, kick up/down) and the +2mm roll center mod you will have plenty of options to tune things the way you want them.

Last edited:
Back