Vaterra Nissan GT-R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlordApoc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a Vaterra Nissan GTR and am loving it. I've decided to upgrade the motor from burshed to brushless and do a LIPO swap. This thing is awesome and so far I'm quite impressed with its quality.

@WarlordApoc what motor and LiPo battery did you go with for the upgrade? Nice choice on the Vaterra, they are pretty popular here at the LHS as well. Post some pictures of yours when you get a chance!

I like that they are shaft-drive. No belts to attract gravel and break. The Vaterra shells look great, too. Congrats.

My youngest som has the Vaterra 2015 Vette. I was really impressed with it. He first ran it box stock, pretty nice, the we added a lipo, night and day difference. Now he is already asking what he can do to make it faster. The shaft drive was the reason we went with this one, he, my older son, and myself just run for fun at parking lots, so we definitely did not want a belt drive, and there weren't many options anymore for an affordable rtr shaft driven electric, so we figured we would give one a try. He has been very happy with his. Heck, I wouldn't mind having one for myself. The bodies are very nicely detailed too.

@WarlordApoc what motor and LiPo battery did you go with for the upgrade? Nice choice on the Vaterra, they are pretty popular here at the LHS as well. Post some pictures of yours when you get a chance!
I havent decided which LIPO or Brushless to go with. I'm still doing research. The one downside these cars have is that the stock battery last only 15-20 minutes before its dead and the radio seems to lag between applying the brakes and engaging reverse. And when I get some time ill post pictures. Most likely this afternoon.

I really like my vaterra. I plan to upgrade it, I need to get a brush-less system.

I havent decided which LIPO or Brushless to go with. I'm still doing research. The one downside these cars have is that the stock battery last only 15-20 minutes before its dead and the radio seems to lag between applying the brakes and engaging reverse. And when I get some time ill post pictures. Most likely this afternoon.
That "lag" is by design. It is intended to save the drivetrain from shredding itself by going from full forward to full reverse.

I have a Vaterra myself, what motor you decided to go with?

Back