Using Skate Parks....?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarfnort

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I read another thread about skate parks, but I wanted to ask something more specific, so here we go...

There's a skate park in town. It's honestly not that great, but I wouldn't mind trying it sometime. I walked over there the other day (it's near the dog park) and while it says no bicycles, skateboards only, it doesn't specifically say No RCs. I'm wondering if I dare try it as long as nobody else is using it?

There's also a small bike park nearby... it looks more BMX-sized than fullsize, as I've ridden my mountain bike on it a few times and it's pretty dull due to the "scale" of the obstacles being so close together. It also doesn't say anything about No RCs... in fact, the Google reviews have people complaining about RC people using it, yet every time I've been in the area, there's been nobody using the park at all. So I suppose I'll at least try running my Ryft and (coming soon) Outcast there.

Just curious really, what the consensus is. I would always defer to its "intended" use -- i.e. if skaters or bicyclists came, I would yield to them. It's just so easy to piss people off these days that it's almost like walking on eggshells anymore.

I read another thread about skate parks, but I wanted to ask something more specific, so here we go...

There's a skate park in town. It's honestly not that great, but I wouldn't mind trying it sometime. I walked over there the other day (it's near the dog park) and while it says no bicycles, skateboards only, it doesn't specifically say No RCs. I'm wondering if I dare try it as long as nobody else is using it?

There's also a small bike park nearby... it looks more BMX-sized than fullsize, as I've ridden my mountain bike on it a few times and it's pretty dull due to the "scale" of the obstacles being so close together. It also doesn't say anything about No RCs... in fact, the Google reviews have people complaining about RC people using it, yet every time I've been in the area, there's been nobody using the park at all. So I suppose I'll at least try running my Ryft and (coming soon) Outcast there.

Just curious really, what the consensus is. I would always defer to its "intended" use -- i.e. if skaters or bicyclists came, I would yield to them. It's just so easy to piss people off these days that it's almost like walking on eggshells anymore.

If it's a city or county park you might look at the corresponding website and see if it says anything about RCs.

I play in skate parks, it can get expensive quickly, I always go early when no one is there and leave if anyone shows up. Often though I've had kids show up and want me to keep running the pack out because they think it's cool.

We had a local BMX track that the complaints were based on a couple of guys that were running nitro cars there. I can see that being annoying.

I rarely run at skate parks myself because I tend to destroy parts that way.
Dirt has a little give to it.

My favorite skate park to play in. Yes, that is a frying pan with bacon and eggs in it. Literally in the middle of nowhere.

It has grass runouts all around so you can send without too much issue, although that is where I cracked the chassis on the Vorteks when I came down squarely half on and half off the concrete.

Short video, if you look closely you can see the chassis was already broken at this point.

PXL_20220306_173745767 (1).jpg
PXL_20220306_172311957_exported_18855 (1).jpg

I'd just go run it if no one else is there, unless someone offical runs me off, but then I tend to be a bit of a rebel. 🤷‍♂️

I play at 2 different skate parks quite often and have never had a negative experience. I usually go early as most of the regular skaters tend to come out later in the day. The few times people were there to skate I just talked to them, learned the 'skater etiquette' and they were cool with it. I did ask local law enforcement about it and there are no regulations against it. Most folks I run into seem to think its cool.

Skate parks don't have to be destructive. I use the edges of the bowls and jump out and onto the grassy area. I rarely brake stuff. Its when I use my home made ramp that chit gets broke. All in good fun though.

We don't have any local BMX tracks so I can't speak to that. Wish we did, sounds cool.

I play at 2 different skate parks quite often and have never had a negative experience. I usually go early as most of the regular skaters tend to come out later in the day. The few times people were there to skate I just talked to them, learned the 'skater etiquette' and they were cool with it. I did ask local law enforcement about it and there are no regulations against it. Most folks I run into seem to think its cool.

Skate parks don't have to be destructive. I use the edges of the bowls and jump out and onto the grassy area. I rarely brake stuff. Its when I use my home made ramp that chit gets broke. All in good fun though.

We don't have any local BMX tracks so I can't speak to that. Wish we did, sounds cool.

Only people I run into at the skate park when I go early are the dudes around my age (tail end of my 40's) that like to go before the kids get out of bed.

Unless it is posted otherwise I say go for it, as long as you don't interfere with anyone else you should be fine. At worst they will ask you to leave. Just be mindful of others and don't do damage or leave trash behind and I'd say your good to go.

Back