Using a Glow Plane starter to Start Baja Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinka

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey,

This is not related to airplanes but it relates to parts of Gas/Nitro Planes.. I have been trying to find a easier way to start my Hpi Baja 30.5CC engine other than a Pull starter because I have had a small issue with my right hand and I find it painful to start the baja when it some times flood the engine.. So I saw this very easy way to start a baja from youtube!

maxresdefault.jpg

Video-

Parts I can get-
14017908290.jpg

14013432824_1.jpg

the thing is I don't own a starter as the good man on the video uses but I can buy the Alu cone and the Plastic piece and i can use my electric drill as the starter that is not an issue but the problem is i have no knowledge about the Prop adopter that he has used to fit onto the flywheel I can not tell the size by just looking at the pic and couldn't figure it out from the Cone as well.... Can any of you guys please point me to a ebay link or anything that I can get the details for that prop adopter that is used on the FW

Thanks a lot!

I'm not sure if a battery-powered drill will have enough torque to turn over the motor. I would say go ahead and the full starter and battery combo.

Nop ill be using my 22v Ac drill with a inverter it has enough omph to start a VW engine :D

Wouldn't that allow a lot of dirt into the engine case?

Back