Used Revo 3.3 start problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello all! First time posting here!! Need some help, pretty new to nitro Rc! I bought a used Revo 3.3, previous owner said he broke it in and had about an hour run time on it, then never used it since, he said he replaced the clutch cause he burnt It out!!! It sat for 2 years and now I have it!!
I got the engine to turn over but it won’t start! I was turning the HSN clockwise to set factory setting and when it got tight the whole valve started turning! Felt pretty loose!! Do you think I have to take engine out and take carb off and tighten everything?? I appreciate any help.

Welcome in @Smiddy . To get them back to factory settings the needles should pretty much be flush with the housing. That should at least get it to fire. Double check that your glow plug starter is fully charged and I would replace the glow plug first thing and then replace fuel lines. Nitro's can be a bit temperamental but once they are tuned and running good they are a blast. The needles can be removed and then you can find out why the housing is lose but it shouldn't get tight unless its all the way in and then it won't run for sure. There are a ton of youtube video's on returning engines to factory settings and starting/tuning.

Hey, thanks for the reply! Yes, I have been watching all the videos on tuning and factory settings! But the problem I had here was that once the needle was turned all the way to the right the whole stem, brass piece started turning to! Should that part be turning!

Attachments

• 98D7DCB5-9365-4F52-9A1D-161695FBEBC8.jpeg
    98D7DCB5-9365-4F52-9A1D-161695FBEBC8.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 94
Another thing ,is to make sure that the batteries are all charged an the glow plug is firing an I would ditch
the on board glow driver an get a separate glow igniter ,then you can further isolate any failures more easier!...:cool:

The part is striped. You will need a new carb or you can use some heat resistance silicone to keep it in place until it break off.