USA-1 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a part number on it? If so, have you checked ebay?

uhh..if its in the manual, ill check after i get off work today

Searching eBay by part number is often alot more effective than by general terms. You'll be amazed at the kind of deals you can turn up that way.

ok thanks..i think i may skip this step and see what screws are left over later. its only putting the balls on the a-arms to attach the shocks to.

well, my grandfather came over. he used to be big into nitro rc planes 10-20 years ago. well i was showing him what i had done with the truck so far and showed him the engine. i went inside to grab something and when i came out he was standing there turning the engine with his hand saying there was a problem because he could hardly get it to turn. i kept telling him its the way it was supposed to be...bad?

It'll naturally have a point in the cycle where it's hard to turn; these engines aren't like 4 strokes, which have valves to close the chambers. They rely on the compression caused by pinch as the piston enters the top of the sleeve.

As the engine wears, that pinch will diminish. If it ever turns over without much effort, then it's due for a rebuild.

well it still has effort..but its not almost impossible to turn anymore

That's normal. Once you get some fluid in there, it'll seal up the rest of the way and create a tighter compression.

good..i didnt want him to have ruined my uncles engine

Tell me the part number and I'll send you some. I have enough parts to build at least two of these, so I'm sure I have them. If you cannot find a part number, send me the dimensions and I'll see what I have.

from what i can find in the manual there is no part number, but the dimensions are
m2.6x18 and there are supposed to be 6 of them. how much do you want for them?

well, i finished the rear end last night and i just finished up the front end a few minutes ago. ill post pics a bit later

wow..its been almost a year and I'm still not finished..i guess i go in and out of the mood of building it.

I'm at the point right now where i have to bend the tie rods to a 20 degree angle, i just can't do it. anybody have an easy way to bend them?

this is now officially the world record build time for usa-1

Hey man I've been restoring a 68 Chevy pickup for years. Just stick with it and it will come. Just wanted to let ya know I'm following the build and it's a beautiful project. Good luck!!

nice usa-1. here is mine . she needs some some work

i really wanna 2 speed for mine. and adapt some different arms too it for more travel or just use single shocks off a revo. lots of ideas

Back