Upgrades - T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I've got so far:

Forward Only Conversion (FOC)
Golden Horizons bulkheads
Golden Horizons bulkhead braces
Golden Horizons chassis braces
Golden Horizons shock towers
Golden Horizons steering servo mounts
RPM 3 piece skid plates
RPM A-arms
RPM shock shaft covers
Duratrax 1600mah hump pack
Proline FORD F-650 lexan body
Progressive rate springs
Resonator exhaust pipe
Traxxas Big Bore shocks

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Very nice setup ant! Got lots of goodies on that puppy! Hmmm. I can't think of anything unless you went with that tank that snook recommended or fancy looking battery covers or something.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Just got a tmaxx a few days ago, so I have been enjoying your project with the upgrades.Thanks for sharing the photos.....nice job!

Thank you very much! I just got mine over a week ago, so it is still brand new. It's winter though, so I'm bored, might as well upgrade all I can afford lol

Very nice setup ant! Got lots of goodies on that puppy! Hmmm. I can't think of anything unless you went with that tank that snook recommended or fancy looking battery covers or something.

No, to be honest with you, I think that the more aluminum that you have (ie: aluminum battery box) the more likely it will turn into a shelf queen. Although it would look damn nice to have all that stuff, but I dont think that it is necessary. I might upograde to some stronger axles and driveshafts in the future, but for now I can't think of anything that I would really benifit from.

Correction: I am definately going to get some better servos for this thing...Hitec645 or the Savox servos.

I want to do some more upgrades now!!! lol. After seeing all of your new gear, it is tempting...although I dont know what I would upgrade right now.lol
:D Maybe upgrade from a T-MAXX to a Savage:D

I hear that. You see I have 3 stages of kicking someones ass. First comes out the tmaxx first gen with the OS .18. Then if I get beat then comes out the MGT 8.0. Then if I still get beat, then comes out the XL. The XL is by far the fastest that I have. If I get beat with the XL I guess it's time to go home.

No you just run over the other guys rig with your XL and send him home in pieces! That's the 4th stage.:hehe:

Last edited:
Ready for the Red!
IMAG0309.jpg

Two coats of red, and the tape comes off to finish with the white. What does everyone think so far?

Red done and ready for the white tomorrow once the red cures a little.

IMAG0313.gif

New Bulks, braces, shock towers and shocks installed and engine back in.

IMAG0310.gif

IMAG0311.gif

IMAG0312.gif

I also really like the look of the FLM aluminum...their stuff is very high quality. It looks to me like you've painted a body or 2 before?

I also really like the look of the FLM aluminum...their stuff is very high quality. It looks to me like you've painted a body or 2 before?

Nope, never painted anything other than some CO2 cars in high school haha

IMAG0314.jpg

And the white is complete! Now I just have to give it time to dry and do the finishing touches like lights, grill, t-maxx stickers, take off the windows....

Well, not that they were needed or broken, but I had the money so I went ahead and purchased some more upgrades!

RPM A-Arms
RPM Tru-Track conversion
RPM Wear plates
and nice RC tote bag that has pockets for tools, radio and other misc necesities. Something to do and spend more money on I guess...