Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to upgrade my tmaxx 2.5 but I dont know which one to use or get, and if I upgrade what do I need.

I havent decide between
os .21 or t-maxx 3.3

thanks for all the help I can get

id go with the rocket engine :p:

(psssst, os.21)

3.3's cheap with the replacement plan traxxas has. Make sure you have a forward only tranny.

The 21 will require many more upgrades to deal with the power for a very long time. I'd go with the 3.3. Installing 10 slipper pegs (or the 3.3 slipper/spur conversion), the FOC inside the trans is about all you would need to do for durability. Then a new pipe to let it breath.

some one told me about the ofna force .25.. says its a good motor for a big block drop in?

the Ofna picco .26 maxx is a direct drop in

the Ofna picco .26 maxx is a direct drop in

Thats were you are kinda wrong. You do still need a motor mount. Plus, You will have to upgrade your drive shafts to CVD's because it will twist them to a snapping point. Your tranny will have to have a FOC and probably be better off with the 3.3 clutch slipper set up.

i meant you didnt have to go out and buy a .21 chassis you just get the mount and assuming you have a foc, you're good. i dont upgrade till it breaks

To be honest, I'd still go with the 3.3. Good little engine with plenty of power for a 9lb truck like the t-maxx.

no 3.3

I've had way to many problems with the 3.3, mostly its the front and rear bearing that craps out ALL THE TIME! its kinda hard to tune also. and the starter thing is weird because it lets fuel leak to the OWB and you have to clean it all the time, its a pretty bad design. I've taken my trx3.3 apart 3-4 times this year. the O.S. motors have a sealed bearing in the front so you dont have to clean the OWB all the time. the O.S. also has a nicer carb, and a nicer drive shaft that allows more fuel air mix to the engine. so go with the O.S. their spendy, but worth it. the trx 3.3 is kinda a cheap thing.