up late (5am) night and this is what happend

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alkyula

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
was browsing tower hobbies website, fully aware of my rampant and out of control r/c addiction, looking for some 1-piece pipe springs....thats all. well somehow along the way i added these items to the shopping cart:

hpi savage .25 rtr
hpi 1200mah nimh hump pack
ofna micro failsafe

and without logical thinking about any other use of my money (bills, gas.....food) i clicked the CONFIRM ORDER button!

jsut 3 weeks ago i bought a storm pro and mx-3/servos/rx pack. even then i was kinda cringing at my bank statement. but jsut like the way you tell yourself "ill never do it agian" after downing those tequila in a race agianst that big loud guy at the party last week you find yourself drinking agian...and so here i am buying another nitro! thats 5 nitro r/c's in 3 and a half months....

hahahaha i dont care I'm getting a SAVAGE!!

This hobby is worse than a drug addiction, I have 6 nitro RCs and getting ready to get a :buggy1: soon. Congrats on the new toy, your gonna love it!

I'm lucky my woman keeps me in check. If I was single I would be eating generic mac and cheese, and ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner.

My food cupboard would be fuel of nitro fuel.

A new Savage owner!! Congrats! :cheers: The only thing I would suggest is tripple check that backplate. Or your fun will be short lived.

You should have ordered the Picco .26 or Serio .27 while you were on a roll to drop into the Savage and keep the .25 as a back-up.....take away that back plate worry right away!!! Get ready to drop another 300 to 400 in hop up mods.....

I am lucky my wife does not look at the bank account balances lol.

Congrats on your Savage Purchase...I am extemely happy with mine! It's ok Food and Gas Money is optional now that you are into RC... You would be amazed at how long one can live on Top Roman!!! 10 for $5.00...

Now That I'm Married I have learned that their is our money and then MYmoney.................Or what I like to call My RC fund... We were out shopping the other day and Pier 1 imports is next to the LHS... I went in to do my usual reeking havoc and she went to Pier 1,

Once out side she looked guilty, and said she spend about $150.00 which is no big deal... I just smiled and said "cool did you get what you wanted"? She said yes.. I said gooooood... She asked what I got, " Oh just some parts to fix the last crash nothing major...

1-MX-3 Radio with two servos
2-packs of HPI Springs to go around
2- antenna rods,
2- cans of nitro burst cleaner
1-Gallon of Trinity 20%
Set of Hot Bodies Hex Drivers
Ummm Errr well I'll stop there...

Have Fun with the New Ride!!

Craig

:banana: :banana: :banana:

You will have a lot of fun this year. I have 2 barely broken in, one not started and another at the lhs for sale. I'm already eying another. The one I haven't started is already getting hopped up. I truly have as much interest in putting them together and taking them apart again as trying to drive them.

Cograts!

It never stops for me either, I just can't decide if I like building, painting, or racing more? So I keep trying all three over and over to see if i can decide. Maybe this Mugen MTX-3 will be my last RC..................yeah f'ing right!

I have some rcnitrorette gum and patches if anyone is interested.

That is crazy you must have been very tried. But today it got me back in the mood. I fot home and some kid was driving a t-maxx he let me drive it i want to drive so bad now this is to addicting. Then i heard a very loud 4wheeler and it was my friend that just got a used honda 300 ex it was all hopped up and now all of this is making me want to spend some cash. But he cograts. on the savage purchase.

Originally posted by lykan
I'm lucky my woman keeps me in check. If I was single I would be eating generic mac and cheese, and ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner.

My food cupboard would be fuel of nitro fuel.

LOL That is so true. I'm single (divorced, I wonder why), live on 2.5 acres in the AZ desert, I have an rc track and 30 foot dirt bike jump in my yard, 4 rc cars, 2 rc planes. My job REQUIRES me to drive rc cars as often as possible. I spend $40 a month on fuel, and live on Easy Mac and Chicken Helper. Yep, I'm livin the dream boys, eat your hearts out!!

Congrats on your spending spree alkyula, you will have a blast. When the old lady dumps you, move out to AZ, you can be my roommate....

Last edited:
Originally posted by alkyula
was browsing tower hobbies website, fully aware of my rampant and out of control r/c addiction, looking for some 1-piece pipe springs....thats all. well somehow along the way i added these items to the shopping cart:

hpi savage .25 rtr
hpi 1200mah nimh hump pack
ofna micro failsafe

and without logical thinking about any other use of my money (bills, gas.....food) i clicked the CONFIRM ORDER button!

jsut 3 weeks ago i bought a storm pro and mx-3/servos/rx pack. even then i was kinda cringing at my bank statement. but jsut like the way you tell yourself "ill never do it agian" after downing those tequila in a race agianst that big loud guy at the party last week you find yourself drinking agian...and so here i am buying another nitro! thats 5 nitro r/c's in 3 and a half months....

hahahaha i dont care I'm getting a SAVAGE!!

next time your drunk, try making a little dream order and sending it my way!

OH alkuyla I would have to say that the RCBug has bit you in the ass quite heavily. I am constantly living from paycheck to paycheck thinking of what parts can I get next when I bought my Picco 26 I really never should have bought it but I did. You are going to love your savage. I am ready for my next RC. I have 3 now and am thinking of some sort of buggy or the CEN genesis.

Hi my name is Tim and I am addicted to anything that has to do with Nito or R/C. We are shopping for a new house right now and my only requirement is that I can build the ultimate track in the back or front yard and have all my nitro freinds over to do some serious bashing on the weekends.

thx everyone for hyping me up about the savage...i have a friend who has a 25 and I've drivin it many times....but jsut out of respect i havnt got to drive his savage the way id drive it if it was mine...i think everyone knows what i mean. only bad thing about when it gets here on wendsday....were snowed in!!! (and i dont like running in snow) but yeah i can't wait.
yeah i really wanted to drop a picco 26 in it without even running the s-25...but id like to see if i can break-in/tune the s-25 better than my friends...just to see haha. i have been watchin my friend run his savage and have seen everything that i will be upgrading first. i think i will be goin to new era website and ordering there 125CC tank conversion kit..as i notice my friends savage likes to run funky after his tank is about halfway gone. and he has brke a few things in the wheel hub/suspension area..I'm a savage newbieso i do not know what to call it yet but i will be researching up on savages everynite now online.

anyways......i got a SAVAGE!!! --peace

alkyula,

You are right, older savages run bad at half tank because the fuel pickup is in the front of the tank. Newer ones, including your 25, have the fuel pickup in the back of the tank where it belongs.

Hey al check out savage-central.com they have an article called how to fix all the weak points of your savage for under $300.00 this should help you immenseley

Originally posted by scottm
alkyula,

You are right, older savages run bad at half tank because the fuel pickup is in the front of the tank. Newer ones, including your 25, have the fuel pickup in the back of the tank where it belongs.

well my friends savage 25 he got in october ....i dont think the one i will be getting will be any different? no problem..I've already orderd an ofna 125cc tank i will be modyfiying to fit and run before i even start it up..and have also orderd an throttle/brake linkage kit.

ok the savage arrived. its snowed in still and cold so i probably wont be able to break-in the truck for awhile. i went ahead and mounted some t-maxx rims/tires i had on the truck..IMO the stock savage tires seemed too tall and soft when i drive my friends savage, and later i will probably get some maxx mulchers for it.
after some research, plus learning from my friends truck, i went ahead and orderd these items jsut now:

ofna throttle linkage kit
hpi stainless dual brake kit
ofna 125 cc fuel tank
motor saver filter kit + extra inside/outside foams
ofna monster pirate servo saver with ball bearings
hitec hs-5625mg digital servo
hot bodies tuned pipe
ofna fuel filter
odennel #99 glow plugs (2)

everything in that list is things I've seen that need to be adressed on the savage before its first run, well at least so it runs/drives how it should. the stock steering servo blows out easy, the one i chose doesn't have alot more torque than the stock but ill try it out as my friend said the 645 is slow. as for the pipe i just wanted a cheap alternative to the loud (i dont mind a loud pipe but the stock composite pipe had a nasty loud to it) stock pipe, and I've heard the hot bodies is decent.
i will do the "wait till its broke then fix/upgrade it" deal for the 4-spider mod, as i know having stronger diffs will make me want to run more power thru the truck...and i promised myself id run at least a gallon or 2 thru the s-25 before goin picco 26. anyways, the weather needs to wrm up so i can go out and run this bad mofo! -peace