Unknown Chassis - New Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon20187

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all.

Recently I have acquired a new project car. Both myself and the seller are a little lost to the make / variant of this nitro car.

Does anyone have an idea of that car this is?

38B2B8B7-5240-4894-8933-4CC3EC400C8F.jpeg

CF04FEDD-AF6C-49EF-B8DE-FDADA5CF5F78.jpeg

334A8449-6C3C-4CC0-9513-9A6B129D168F.jpeg

Thanks for the reply’s, looks to be the CEN GX-1! Will help when looking for parts!

Nice score. Definitely need to start looking up parts. Vintage parts are very hard to find. Lots of time and patience. Definitely look into different exhust loosen lots of power. With that rear barrel. Try and fit a tuned pipe. Would be much better match with all that air you will be pulling in.
By the way Welcome to the fun house of RC bud!! Always a good time in here. With the great group of guys that are here. Very knowledgeable with anything Rc

Oh wait. The site I found that pic on that said it was a Kyosho Spider may be incorrect. Damned internet.

Nice score. Definitely need to start looking up parts. Vintage parts are very hard to find. Lots of time and patience. Definitely look into different exhust loosen lots of power. With that rear barrel. Try and fit a tuned pipe. Would be much better match with all that air you will be pulling in.
By the way Welcome to the fun house of RC bud!! Always a good time in here. With the great group of guys that are here. Very knowledgeable with anything Rc
Cheers pal good to know! Will start looking for those parts and a new exhaust!

What servos, reciever, and stamoing are on the motor?

It seems all the above, besides the HPI (no offense) seem likely. They all have the same bumper style, the top plate are the same shape with the on/off switch in the same spot. Exhaust seem Kyosho to me. The belts all run the same path, same "spur" by the motor.

Look at the hpi belt rs4 chassis vs this one. This is aggressive style and has sharper points. Hpi also tends to cover the bottom diffs with the aluminum chassis.

What servos, reciever, and stamoing are on the motor?

It seems all the above, besides the HPI (no offense) seem likely. They all have the same bumper style, the top plate are the same shape with the on/off switch in the same spot. Exhaust seem Kyosho to me. The belts all run the same path, same "spur" by the motor.

Look at the hpi belt rs4 chassis vs this one. This is aggressive style and has sharper points. Hpi also tends to cover the bottom diffs with the aluminum chassis.
Yeah thought it was an rs4 until frog posted the kyosho i forgot about them and that definitely seems a fit i think finding a part number on the chassis or something is the best bet there should be id or info SOMEWHERE on it even if its stamped on the inside of the gear box

Your pic is closer man idk what it is but it looked like an rs4-II till i seen the one you posted had the same aluminum battery tray
The reason I doubt it is that Kyosho, after doing a bit of searching, I can't find a single Kyosho Spider that looks like that. So I dunno.

The reason I doubt it is that Kyosho, after doing a bit of searching, I can't find a single Kyosho Spider that looks like that. So I dunno.
Its wierd its older but wierd it may be a mix match of hpi/kyosho/tamiya i see different parts all over it from different models that I've looked at. But motor looks to be a standard kyosho motor

Its wierd its older but wierd it may be a mix match of hpi/kyosho/tamiya i see different parts all over it from different models that I've looked at. But motor looks to be a standard kyosho motor
The older the car. Most like a parts car. Does the engine have compression that's most important.. or at least turn over

Back