Unknown Buggy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mido

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey, my friend had an old buggy he had in his garage for the last year. The reviever was busted but everything else was good! So i fixed her up and got her going yesterday. The only thing it is a 2 speed but i noticed when the buggy is off the ground i can give it full thorrtle and it will turn the tires really fast but once its puton the ground it barely reaches 6 kmh.. lol Like what could that be?

its funny because i can't freaken find it !1 Like the high speed needle is this like black thing u turn by hand and the idle screw is this TINY TINY minature screw took forever to find. Now I'm on a search for the low speed.! The other thing tho for sleeper for clutch is it just crap inside so take it apart and clean it?

i was afraid you were going to say that. its an old hpi motor right? there may not be a low speed needle! you said its a 2 speed right? i would assume that its set right. your not starting out in second gear? i had the same problem with an old hpi motor. after doing the same thing over and over with the tuning, i relized the motor was just shot. it may not be your case. once i got it to excelerate good. it would lose compression.. does the motor idle and stay running? or does it feel like it wants to load up and stall?

Nop it wants to stay runnning doesn't stall after i set the idle screw. Nop starts in 1st gear u can hear it switch.... Turns on with 3 pulls nothing hard ....

But I'm guessing the slipper or clutch but how would i go about opening that up?

is the motor revving up but not going any were? the slipper clutch is connected to the spur gear, is there a lock nut and a spring set-up atached to the spur?. sounds like a good motor. also check the clucth bell too if its reving up

um, why is this in the Savage section?? OZEC's where are you guys??

Its funy cuz i just noticed that.. Lol I'm soo used to posting in Savage form and nothing else i posted here. Sorry

Well when i floor gas it moves but i could walk faster

Thread moved.

Ok is someone able to tell me how to take off the slipper and like bell so that i can clean er out? Thanks everyone

Alrighty. I'm not home now ill go home and make a video and post it on Youtube.. Or ill jsut tkae pictures.. One or the other depending on the amount of memory i have left:p

Back