Uncut window masks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoopidOme

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I bought the proline K-10 body for one of my crawlers and the vinyl widow mask sheet came uncut. Well, it's cut but not all the way through the vinyl. It's like their cut depth was set wrong. I tried pulling the vinyl to see if it would peel but I didn't want to stretch the vinyl. So I ended up just having their cuts with an exacto. The problem was, I couldn't see their cuts very well. I ended up putting some doors on the vinyl sheet with a blue sharpie and using an alcohol pad and rubbing color into their cuts so I could see where I'm cutting. What a pain in the ass.

Attachments

• 20220325_100358.jpg
    20220325_100358.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 68
use a light table aka a tracing table that's a piece of glass with a small wattage light bulb under it. also a window of your home that has a decent amount of light..just my 2 cents worth..

use a light table aka a tracing table that's a piece of glass with a small wattage light bulb under it. also a window of your home that has a decent amount of light..just my 2 cents worth..
For tracing things I usually use my spray booth. But their cut lines still weren't visible enough to see where to cut. Adding the color worked perfect

Attachments

• 20210916_213849.jpg
    20210916_213849.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 39
I may bitch about how Proline's quality of their bodies went downhill, but their customer support is top notch. On Thursday I emailed them about the window mask sheet. Friday I decided to cut the masks myself as per this thread and today (sunday), FedEx delivers a window mask sheet. Although I don't need it now, I'm very grateful. Impressed actually.

I may bitch about how Proline's quality of their bodies went downhill, but their customer support is top notch. On Thursday I emailed them about the window mask sheet. Friday I decided to cut the masks myself as per this thread and today (sunday), FedEx delivers a window mask sheet. Although I don't need it now, I'm very grateful. Impressed actually.
I have had nothing but positive reviews for Horizon's customer service until just recently. When assembling the Ryft, we were installing the body panels. It said we should have 11 m1.5 x 6mm screws. We only got 9, but there was a separate bag with what appeared to be two m2 x 8mm screws. So I went to Horizon to see if I could order more, after exhausting all other fast turn around sources for them. Sure enough, they had them for $3.99 plus shipping.

Back story, I bought this kit mid-December for a Christmas present for my kid. I didn't have the money to buy the electronics until a few weeks ago. So we were just assembling this kit a couple weeks ago.

So anyway, I thought I would see if Horizon could send me the screws since the kit seemed to be missing them. I was informed I had just passed the 90 day window to request a return or replacement. I replied back informing the lady of how much money I had dropped on that Christmas order ($700+), then 3 months later placed the $613 order for the electronics for the kit, and that I have always bragged about Horizon's excellent service, up to this point. I also mentioned - for them to be this nit-picky over a $4 bag of screws was pretty damned stupid, and that their perfect rep was now tarnished in my eyes.

But actually as it turns out, the manual I believe has an error. The two longer screws were in fact 1.5mm screws, but with a bigger head for some reason. There were two spots that looked like they accepted a longer screw. So I assume they went there, and I informed the CS agent of the error in the manual and no longer needed the screws anyway. I also sent this, and got this reply.
HH CS.png

Last edited:
Horizon Hobby owns Proline, they usually have excellent service.
I first tried contacting Proline's customer support using my phone. The message failed to go through. knowing horizon took over Proline, I contacted Horizon. Horizon responded by saying they don't see on record me making the purchase from them. I replied back and explained the situation. Never got another reply back. So, I went back to Proline's website and tried sending another support email, this time on the computer. That worked and 3 days later received the window masks. So, whether or not horizon took over Proline, their support did nothing for me. Evidently Proline still handles their own support and not horizon, therefore I give no credit to horizon.

Attachments

• HH.jpg
    HH.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 39
after horizon sent me the message above, i replied with;
hh2.jpg

yesterday they finally replied;
hh3.jpg

I'm not mad

Back