Unbreakable body for 1/18 scale?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoke RC group

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I have china special RC MT that I have fitted a 36mm brushless motor in it. With this much power also comes a good amount of rough crashes. The truck itself has held up but the body is in very poor condition and has lost it's structural rigidity. I was wondering if anyone makes an indestructible body that will fit an 1/18 scale RC. It doesn't matter what it looks like. I just want it to hold up.

ok I have seen a few now from Russia hmm... You can try to make your own outa a thicker Lexan sheet but that will take a lot of work...Good luck..

Last edited:
I've need seen a indestructible body of any scale.. You can try to make your own outa a thicker Lexan sheet but that will take a lot of work...Good luck..
there is a company that makes "unbreakable" bodies that sells on ebay typically, mainly for X-Maxx trucks, and 1/8 scale trucks.
they are very tough by the looks of things, but 90$+ for a body that i personally dont like the look of is not something i personally want to buy, painting bodies is half the fun :)

@Roanoke RC group - i havent seen any for that small of a scale before, but doesn't mean there isnt any at all.
you could also try your hand at vacuum forming, and use thicker .60 lexan like the 1/10-1/8 trucks use.
very tempted to try making a carbon fiber body tbh. though i have no clue how it would hold up.

Back