Ultima buggy - wrong esc???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no qualms with Zeee LiPo batteries. I've been using them since they first came onto the RC scene. If you dig far enough, you'll find the good and the bad on any brand of battery. Treat 'em with respect and they should last a long time.
View attachment 145457
When Grey was doing his LiPo tests, the Zeee brand batteries he tested had a really low actual C rating. I have never used them myself, but another friend of mine across the pond in the UK races drones, and he told me the Zeee's don't do well in his drones. Maybe running 4 motors off of them shows their weakness? I dunno. But he also swears by CNHL. He has a lot more expensive test equipment than Grey used for his tests, and he said every once in awhile he will get a CNHL battery that isn't that great. But overall, they fair a lot better than others he has tested. Plus they are cheap. I am no electronics expert, but he is an electrical engineer, so I put a lot of trust in his opinions when it comes to LiPos. He has enough LiPo's to put a hole in the Earth 😜

Please don't take this the wrong way. I have a hard time figuring out why a person buying an awesome Kyosho kit to sit down and build, then come across a simple five minute solder fix... refuses to so. Soldering gear should be apart of any RC hobbyist's arsenal IMO. Of course, a person would have to have the preferred connectors on have to do the fix.

I'm surprised you didn't go with choosing a Spectrum battery to make things "simple".

he is lazy like he said... maybe he can't do it. shakes to much ..lol sorry not giving you anymore of my hard searched for info I'm to lazy to type and copy and paste ..

When Grey was doing his LiPo tests, the Zeee brand batteries he tested had a really low actual C rating. I have never used them myself, but another friend of mine across the pond in the UK races drones, and he told me the Zeee's don't do well in his drones. Maybe running 4 motors off of them shows their weakness? I dunno. But he also swears by CNHL. He has a lot more expensive test equipment than Grey used for his tests, and he said every once in awhile he will get a CNHL battery that isn't that great. But overall, they fair a lot better than others he has tested. Plus they are cheap. I am no electronics expert, but he is an electrical engineer, so I put a lot of trust in his opinions when it comes to LiPos. He has enough LiPo's to put a hole in the Earth 😜
Like I said, dig deep enough, and you'll find the good
1650199148068.png
, the bad
1650199218540.png
, and the ugly
1650199263573.png
. LiPo batteries are only made in a few places. Yes? I'm sure there are different tiers of cells that get send out to different brands for wrapper/sticker placement. I'm not going into the whole "C" thing. For a spec/stock racing scenario, I'd surely "up my game" when pushing things to their limits. But, that's why I got out of stock/spec class racing... always a big $$$ schitt's creek show. I choose what's in my budget, and go from there. If a brand I choose poops on my parade, I move on.

F36281EB-BB03-40BE-A907-5BD1A78BCC03.jpeg

Ah man. I bought the one you suggested in the link above but it doesn’t fit. Can someone please send me a link to an appropriate battery that fits my esc? Thank you.

What do you mean it doesn't fit? I have IC5's on my trucks and use EC5 connectors all the time. It will slide right in there.

Really? The orange cap doesn’t come off does it?

Both my wife and I tried (she’s the competent one of us, engineer out of Stanford). It doesn’t fit.

40338325-5DDF-44FE-ABD9-7040EFEDDAE8.jpeg

Oh, that orange one is an IC3. You need an EC3 connector on your battery, or you can change out the ESC connector to an EC5, or change that battery connector to an EC3. Do you know how to solder? You can get the connectors on Amazon. Get the Amass brand. There are vids on YT on how to solder EC5 connectors. It's not hard.

Back