(UK) School project: electric RC trash picker - old parts and expertise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah Tabraham

RC Newbie
Reaction score
We have to make a project in school to inspire children to get into STEM and support the environment. I have decided to build an RC robot, with an excavator-like litterpicking crane, no more than a sq metre in base and probably smaller and tank tracks ( want it to be operational on sand). Parts wanted are motors, tracks batteries and wiring and preferably some kind of chassis to base it off. Also maybe controller and receptor parts later. Don't have to be high performance by any means, just functional. I couldn't list a classified so I'm just posting in that main thread. Thanks!

good luck. i dont think you will find a hobbyist to donate all your going to need..tank tracks.multi channel radio.I'm thinking 8+ channels with all the movement you will need,battery and charger.more power to you. do you have estate sales in or around the city you live in. go to a few you might find what you need

Sounds like a fun project but it's going to be expensive. I agree with @tntpoof at least an 8 channel system.

good luck. i dont think you will find a hobbyist to donate all your going to need..tank tracks.multi channel radio.I'm thinking 8+ channels with all the movement you will need,battery and charger.more power to you. do you have estate sales in or around the city you live in. go to a few you might find what you need
Good idea. I will have a look around, and maybe check some online market places. I will keep this up just in case though

in my 9th grade year, i joined the robotics team. We were supplied a dual stick 9ch (i think it was 9, couldve been less) radio set, 2 brushed motors, 4 std servos, and an evx2 esc from traxxas, also 2 7.2v nimh packs.

I suggest you find a way to have these expensive necessities sponsored somehow.
Good idea. I will have a look around, and maybe check some online market places. I will keep this up just in case though
Check your inbox

Back