uh-oh

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill go take a quick look

well, it does it when you hit the brakes the most, and sometimes coasting, and sometimes not at all, but it sounds like it's coming from the tranny.

yea, i had my step dad listen too, that is where its comin from

so after you stop it with the brakes, it grinds a for a few seconds if you just push it?

probably just the brake pad draggin

on your car remote open the throtle fully and push your car along the ground to see if that stops the sound.

Last edited:
I hear a "ch ch ch ch" noise when mines' rolling without the engine running. That's just the pad contacting the brake disk. As long as it's not creating drag, you're alright.

i hear more of a grinding noise and full throttle doesn't do anything

Grinding... hmmm, if you have CVD's, check to make sure they're greased. If you have dogbones (as on the older RTR's), hold the rear arms at level and rotate the rear wheels (with throttle at 100%).

Also, check your gear lash between spur and bell. Put a drop of oil on the clutch bearings (I do this after about 12 runs or so, helps the bearings last a lot longer). Noise from these two spots is unlikely unless your gear lash is way off, or your bearings are extremely dry.

Also, check for leaves/dirt in any of the moving parts.

Failing any of these, if there is no drag when at full throttle (or even at above 5% or so, you should be alright. Mine makes a slight "chih chih chih chih chih" noise (kinda like an 8th scale buggy does, sounds like metal rubbing metal slightly). That's just the disc brake "centering" itself.

If I could, I'd make a .wav of it and post it somewhere.

a plastic 52 tooth.

i've got the mesh, can't be wrong unless its been wrong with thekonz, and where r the clutch bearing?

Clutch bearing is in the clutch bell.

a plastic 52 tooth.

i've got the mesh, can't be wrong unless its been wrong with thekonz, and where r the clutch bearing?
sometimes if it metal one it some times slip's and grinds a bit, but if you unlucky the spur gear wears down the clutch bell. and the clutch bearing you have to buy them but they are quiet expensive u need two of them insind and out side the clutch bell, i thinks theres no point of buy them riely.

Last edited:
Dude from everything I have read here.... here is my suggestion to you. Download a PDF copy of the Savage instructions if you don't have you originals. Taker the truck entirely apart.. I mean everything. Then start rebuilding it while inspecting each piece. You can make any changes to anything you want and you will be ableto clean and lube everything.

i did take most of it apart, but i didnt bother with the tranny or the diffs

sometimes if it metal one it some times slip's and grinds a bit, but if you unlucky the spur gear wears down the clutch bell. and the clutch bearing you have to buy them but they are quiet expensive u need two of them insind and out side the clutch bell, i thinks theres no point of buy them riely.

what??

are you saying theres no point in replacing clutch bearings?...because you would be wrong + they do not have to be expensive

would this fit an s-25 engine?