Two duratrax sites? One has to be fony!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rceverywhere

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Boating
From home I searched for duratrax site and found, duratraxs.com, then just later I was at the lhs and asked about some tires...then he went onto a site that was rcduratrax.com. slight differences was one site had sale in a bubble on product page, the other had new in the bubble, and also there was the tire size spec chart on one but not the other.
Really weird, one has to be fake!
Anyone have experience or ideas on this?

See this link >>>> Is this site a scam?

I know Horizon owns Duratrax, if you have any doubts buy directly from Horizon's Website
Oh dear! duratraxs.com gets a score of 42.6/100... rcduratrax.com has a 0/100, not looking good for either , one was created in Oct 2022, the second in Nov 2022. The worst thing is the lhs went on rcduratrax.com for info. I wasn't only right to suspect 1, good thing I didn't order from either!

Anyone remember T-Bone Racing? After they went out of business a scam sight popped up.

I once ordered a TRX-4 off of a shady website and got a manilla envelope with Thomas The Train stickers instead... Lesson learned the hard way🤣

phony

pho·ny
[ˈfōnē]

ADJECTIVE
phoney (adjective)
  1. not genuine; fraudulent:
    "I thought your accent was a bit phony"
    go support your local hobby store

If you click on Duratrax and it doesn't take you straight to the HH site then you're in the wrong place. I thought Duratrax was a dead issue?

I have several lhs on my go to list, I think I'm on all their preferred customer lists! I get discounts easy just by humming and hawing on extras that I didn't walk in for. Last summer one shop had a draw, every purchase over 500$ added your name into the draw. I won a 6s Mojave!!! When I came in to pick it up he said he was happy it was me that won!

20230914_154324.jpg

Back