twin "Saddle" tanks, looking for opinions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-enforcer

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm thinking about putting another stock fuel tank on the other side of my recently converted x-->XL and running both tanks. Having one tank bleed into the other and into the engine......

Good idea or not.....

good i have done it
works well

I've never thought of doing that, but it sounds interesting. I'd like to see how that turns out. Keep us posted if you decide to do it! :first_place:

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

This would be an easy mod on my MGT...i just don't see it working due to the air bubbles from one tank to the other.... i guess you just have to prime two tanks....

This would be an easy mod on my MGT...i just don't see it working due to the air bubbles from one tank to the other.... i guess you just have to prime two tanks....
Well, I'm hoping that the pressure tube should still be enough.... the pkan would be to remove the little "air" piece inside the 2nd tank lid so that the fuel can run freely into the 2nd tank with no restructions and as long as the 2nd tank doesn't lose pressure then it should stay primed.

At least that's the idea. I'll post pics as I start this little project, if it works it's a bonus, and if it's a flop, all you guys can have a good chuckle at my expense.

Well, I'm hoping that the pressure tube should still be enough.... the pkan would be to remove the little "air" piece inside the 2nd tank lid so that the fuel can run freely into the 2nd tank with no restructions and as long as the 2nd tank doesn't lose pressure then it should stay primed.

At least that's the idea. I'll post pics as I start this little project, if it works it's a bonus, and if it's a flop, all you guys can have a good chuckle at my expense.

The problem actually lies in the air bubble that would connect one tank to the next... you would have to fill the closest tank 1/2 way, then fill the farthest tank all the way, then prime it, and finish filling the closest tank and hope the surface tension of the fuel is good enough to continue siphoning the fuel from the F tank to the C tank.

Once the pressure is applied to the f tank it would push the fuel to the C tank and then to the carb.... i'm worried about the air bubble.