Twin Engine Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
At the LHS today, a guy came in with a Savage he had converted to twin engines with twin tuned pipes and one center tank. I think he said they were .28s.
We got to talking for a while, and I mentioned RCNT, so hopefully he'll find his way here and post some pics for you.

Theres a few twin Savage's out there. Hotbodies make a conversion kit for the Savage.

BigTwin
Pretty cool.

At the LHS today, a guy came in with a Savage he had converted to twin engines with twin tuned pipes and one center tank. I think he said they were .28s.
We got to talking for a while, and I mentioned RCNT, so hopefully he'll find his way here and post some pics for you.

Sorry If that sounds confusing fellas.. allow me to translate.

"So I saw a sweet twin engine savage today at my LHS and I was thinking... man, my rig would be ULTRA BLING with TWO engines! So instead of breaking it in and getting it dirty like everybody has been razzing me about, I'm going to use this an excuse to not run my project Savage. Instead I'm going to convert the truck I've never ran and break in both engines at the same time. That should push back the progress a bit and stick it to all those losers that keep hounding me about it."

Man Lessen, I was thinking the same thing......you... are good you. Poor Rolex we should lay off him.....ok maybe not...game on.

ROFLMAO................... I bet Rolex is looking for a beat up tread mill that he could run his rig on and not get a speck of dust on it, at least for the breakin........ :)

You guys cracked me up! LMFAO!

Hmmmmm, a treadmill. What a brilliant way to break in a new engine without getting the car dirty. Thanks for that tip!
I wouldn't want a beat up tread mill since I might get flecks of the rubber mat on the car. It would have to be brand new, and then I'd need to add some bling accessories to it.

Now that I look at it closely, it does look pretty plain with just ONE of these....

Nova_Head_5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Rolex, you can't run it on the treadmill without a fan of some sort to cool it off :D

You know, you could always just buy an engine block and cooling head, then stick that in the bling Savage and buy a roller for 50 bucks :D

For that matter just buy an extra block and stick it in there for the dual engine setup :D

What the hey, just make us wait all that much longer for the K5.9 to come out and then throw that on there :D

Last edited:
ALL excellent suggestions, Capoot.
The 5.9 is high on my list, as soon as the 4.6 gets a little dusty.

I think I heard something like that not too long ago, Olds.
However, the Savage is now so heavy that I don't think it could take off even if the treadmill were mounted on the wing of a 747 in flight.

haha lmao, I wish I coulda been there when the first person realized it would take flight.

...RLMAO!!!!!!! Ah rolex...what a comedian. Love that guy...in a MANLY kind of way!!:LoL:

Heh, Rolex, with all the metal you're putting on that Savage, I doubt the 5.9 could pull a wheelie. Naw, just kidding lol. =devil

You should buy it a hoodie and a big gold chain with a spinning rim on it lol

Hey don't forget 2 little fuzzie dice and the little scented tree to keep it smelling sweet!