tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyzz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so I ve been trying to tune it the last few days but I'm having so much trouble... I've got it so it stars will with a little trim on throttle then I bring it down to idle with no spinning of wheels when I. get it running I leave it and it will eventually die, under a minute, in that minute I can give it gas, and the tires fly, but it always eventually dies, and it seems to be throwing gas and oil out the exhaust.
I've been trying to follow all the timing guides, but I need help..
I'm hoping it's not the motor because if it is then I'm going to be having a word with that guy on ebay

Sounds a bit rich. When it does run, what the smoke like?
Also, how much pinch does the engine have? ( compression)
Too, make sure glow plug is good. Just because it glows doesn't mean it operating A+.
what is the engine? With that we can find the factory settings and go from there. Sometimes it's all you can do.

sh. 18, supposedly has 25 tanks through it, researched and factory settings are 3 for hsn and 3 for lsn I went from there but can't find a happy medium, and smoke comes out but it's not really blue and it a more then I think should come out, I'm fixing the pull cord for the 6th time, but I'm really learning how to get this carp, the whole tuning thing...
I've got it so it usually starts when I prime it and I have had it run rarely long once,
compression, when I pull the pull start its got plenty of compression.
using the fly wheel it gets harder when compressing

When you're sitting at idle for a few seconds and you hit the throttle, what happens? If it bogs down before taking off then your LSN is too rich.

When you're sitting at idle for a few seconds and you hit the throttle, what happens? If it bogs down before taking off then your LSN is too rich.

some times it bogs sometimes it takes off and dies when coming down to an idle

Haha I'm using 20% worm and I think 13% meat! lol
sorry that was (along with every other one) autocorrection.

I guess we're big on sea food here. There was a member here who thought Tmaxx was a "Piss of Crab". :hehe:

hahaha that's funny, well I'm about to smash mine.. but anyways, right now I get it started runs fine, start driving and about 10~15 seconds later it starts bogging and dying
but before that it takes off great

I honestly feel like it is starving for gas, right now it's idling good and woting great till so long then it Boggs if I give it gas then dies

it's idling good and woting great
I'm not quite sure what it means when you say it's woting great, but you need to make your adjustments to the needles in very small increments AFTER the engine is warmed up. After each adjustment you need to run it around for 10-15 seconds to clear it and see how it behaves.
The LSN gets you off the line and gives you a good idle.
If it starts to bog after a good take off it's likely that your HSN is what needs to be adjusted. If you're spitting a lot of oil you'll need to lean it. If it chokes out suddenly and stalls it needs to be richer.

I'm not quite sure what it means when you say it's woting great, but you need to make your adjustments to the needles in very small increments AFTER the engine is warmed up. After each adjustment you need to run it around for 10-15 seconds to clear it and see how it behaves.
The LSN gets you off the line and gives you a good idle.
If it starts to bog after a good take off it's likely that your HSN is what needs to be adjusted. If you're spitting a lot of oil you'll need to lean it. If it chokes out suddenly and stalls it needs to be richer.

like a. wot pass full rpm, that's what I picked up on here, I'm pretty sure it's not throwing out any oil or gas anymore, I don't remember, but it's like after so long it dies, just dies, I have to let it idle and worm up tomorrow morning and see how it does, but last run it was running good till I lost a my nut and spring for the break and throttle.. so I have to fix that. I feel my idle is perfect and I feel I'm getting very close, it just keeps dying on me:angry::(:\:whhooo:

Yeah, you'll need them for Carp bait.

WOT is wide open throttle, but I never heard of anyone woting.

Hahaha yea my "tackle box" needs some repair
and I'm learning ok lol

I picked up some 100k diff lube and a new fuel line and a throttle brake link set for 9 bucks at my legs, but the sad thing is they only have a box of carp left and they don't carry anything anymore, gonna finish helping my sister then give her a go:D

so an update, I got it doing good at wot but I'm having so much trouble getting it to idle without the tires moving like yesterday.
it's like it can't handle low rpms,
I've tried the idle and low speed, I don't know what's up.. all I did was put new fuel lines on it engine wise
any help is greatly appreciated

A VERY tiny adjustment at a time. Put it on something and block the front so it can't move forward. Reduce the idle. If it starts to get ragged make an adjustment on your LSN.
This is usually the trickiest part but once that's been set you rarely have to adjust it again.
Your HSN will get small adjustments every time you run to compensate for ambient temp and humidity.

I actually had it idling perfect yesterday, I think I've worn the motor with all the starting and dying.
I can turn the flywheel with ease with a figure. and if I try to go low Rome, it just quits out of know where, tomorrow I will keep trying but I'm looking at a new motor, ether an upgrade or a replacement from redcat

---------- Post added at 7:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:22 PM ----------

also I was throwing out a lot of gas today, I went thru a tank in like 15 minutes where as doing the same thing I haven't really used a half of tank before, but if I pull the pull start I feel compression,
also today, it was being a pain to start, could have been because of the cold but it was a pain

If you can turn it with your finger then the piston and sleeve are toast. You either need to get a new piston and sleeve or upgrade to a new engine.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 7:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:29 PM ----------

Throwing out a lot of fuel is either WAY too rich or your piston/sleeve are toast. After stating you can easily turn the flywheel with your figure its definitely time for a rebuild or new engine.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

also today, it was being a pain to start, could have been because of the cold but it was a pain

Use a heat gun to warm up the engine when it's cold outside, makes it much easier to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.