Tuning help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaputoNL001

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I know this was answered but I can't find the thread anymore....

On the flow chart:
"Accelerate to full throttle"

"Does engine die or suddenly lose power"

Or

"Does engine bog or die"

Both sound the same but if I remember right

"Die or suddenly lose power"
means does sputter and struggle for power (usually instantly letting off the throttle will keep it from dying) because it's lean and struggling for fuel

And

"Does it big or die"

Means does it literally die instantly (cannot be recovered by instantly letting off throttle) because the engine is too rich

Do I have that right?

It's hard to tell without hearing it. If it's overly lean or overly rich, it will die. If it's a bit lean or a bit rich, it will hesitate and recover if you let off. The difference is the sound it makes when doing it. Rich is a gurgling sound. Lean is a "wah wah" sound...

Yeah, explaining sounds with words is fun. Next I'll discuss what the color blue means to a blind guy. :)

It's hard to tell without hearing it. If it's overly lean or overly rich, it will die. If it's a bit lean or a bit rich, it will hesitate and recover if you let off. The difference is the sound it makes when doing it. Rich is a gurgling sound. Lean is a "wah wah" sound...

Yeah, explaining sounds with words is fun. Next I'll discuss what the color blue means to a blind guy. :)

Lol...I was thinking the same way ,an almost said that earlier when this was posted!....:thumbs-up:

I got it figured out, it was a brand new car and just set EXTREMELY rich from the factory. Took 4 full turns on the high speed needle and 2-1/2 on the low speed just to even get it to run. Car is broke in and tuned nice now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it figured out, it was a brand new car and just set EXTREMELY rich from the factory. Took 4 full turns on the high speed needle and 2-1/2 on the low speed just to even get it to run. Car is broke in and tuned nice now.

DOH ,that's how I liked to find my used engines on E-bay ,is were people fail to lean them on break-in!.....:hehe::hehe::hehe: