Tuned pipes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats up guys I'm looking to get a tuned pipe for my savage x an lst xxl. I know the ercm pipes are great but I was wondering what other good options there are out there. Anyone use the Vantage carbon fiber pipes? How are they?basiclly trying to decide if I should go with the dynamite 053, 086, and or the vantage cabon fiber. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. I've always run stock pipes so I really don't know poop about them. Thanks again Joe:whhooo:

The cen gst pipe will wake up your moter a lot i never had a ercm but i heard nothing but good things about them

Whats up guys I'm looking to get a tuned pipe for my savage x an lst xxl. I know the ercm pipes are great but I was wondering what other good options there are out there. Anyone use the Vantage carbon fiber pipes? How are they?basiclly trying to decide if I should go with the dynamite 053, 086, and or the vantage cabon fiber. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. I've always run stock pipes so I really don't know poop about them. Thanks again Joe:whhooo:

The Vantage pipe are really not that great I have tried them before didn't really care for them that well. If your running the K5.9 on your x the Cen pipe is an awesome pipe I couldn't believe the difference it made to my XL.

I have two 086's (Dynamite and OFNA) as well as an 053. Your pipe should augment your engine/setup, not make up for any deficiencies, if that makes sense. I used to always hear "oh, your engine doesn't have much high speed? Put a high-speed pipe on it and it will bring the engine to life!" (and vice/versa) then I started doing actual testing and realized the opposite. As an example, the 086 (high-speed pipe) was horrible on a B5, but a 2013 (torque pipe) killed it! Conversely, a 053(mid-range pipe) was crappy on an OS 25xz, but the 086 is PERFECT.

What sort of performance are you wanting to get from the pipe? This might help us give you better suggestions. If you decide to get that ERCM, I'd call that guy Robin and explain what you are looking for as imagine he will point you in the right direction. The nice thing about those pipes pipes are you can actually TUNE them. ;-)

Last edited:
yea I'm looking for something for my one of my XXL's it has a 5.9 in it which I just can not get to fun right. I've sealed everything and checked it again thinking I may have missed something but no it sealed good. I've tried just about everything and just can't get it to run good. So this is why I'm looking for a new pipe. I've heard good things on the 7.7 pipe for the 5.9. Then again I've since rebuilt the 454 and I'm thinking pulling the 5.9 and cutting my losses. Wish I never went the 5.9 route but live in learn I guess.

yea I'm looking for something for my one of my XXL's it has a 5.9 in it which I just can not get to fun right. I've sealed everything and checked it again thinking I may have missed something but no it sealed good. I've tried just about everything and just can't get it to run good. So this is why I'm looking for a new pipe. I've heard good things on the 7.7 pipe for the 5.9. Then again I've since rebuilt the 454 and I'm thinking pulling the 5.9 and cutting my losses. Wish I never went the 5.9 route but live in learn I guess.

Yeah, I've heard that 5.9 can be very problematic. Hey - just for grins you should try something. Try a new tank (lines, filter, etc.). I've had issues like this and was at my wits end. Everyone would tell me it's my tune - when I knew it was tuned correctly (seeing as I tried virtually every permutation there was). I put on a new tank...problem completely solved. This has happened more than once - and a few times the tank appeared okay.. In fact,, now days I'll throw on a new tank every 1.5-2 gallons and almost always see immediate improvement: see pic below.
[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/mylittlepony/media/Tanks_zps5340cc46.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag196/mylittlepony/Tanks_zps5340cc46.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Even if you have one laying around that isn't compatible - still hook it up and see if it helps. If anything - you can at least rule that out if you haven't already.

Last edited:
I have a new one and the tank has a built in primer so I'm gonna swap it out and see what happens

The tanks with primers aren't really a good idea, IMO. The bulbs tend to fail and cause air leaks.

yep tank did nothing I got it running pretty good but it always has that hang up after wot which usually indicates the high side being lean but its not. I have a 053 pipe maybe I should try that and see what happens other then that I have tried everything I think. It just baffles the hell out of me. I have 5 other nitro trucks and have never had any issues tuning them and if I did it was an easy fix or adjustment. Think I'm gonna cut my losses and pull it and sell it on flee bay. I rebuilt the original 454 an its ready to go and never had any issues with it so I think that's going to be my best option. This 5.9 makes me want to drive it off a cliff and let it burn pos.

Back