'Tug away' glow plug connector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
I have a need for a 'tug-away' connector for the glow plug power connection to my model car. I can picture in my head a device not dissimilar to the apple laptop power connector but preferably cheaper!

I visualize, at the car end the connector would be flush mounted near the rear of the body work and the connection to the battery would be via an inline style connector with a long lead.

Has anyone found a solution to this please?

You could use a magnetic "pogo pin" connector. You'd run the positive wire to the center post of the glow plug, and you could run the negative just about anywhere on the engine, a terminal under one of the engine mount screws is a good choice.

Thanks @tudordewolf that sounds like the terminology, 'pogo-pin', I have been struggling to find a suitable flex with these types of connectors. I can find make and female connectors but it would be conveinient if 'the bit' attached to the battery had the connector integrated/moulded into the flex, like the apple lap top supply cable. I just wondered whether anyone had seen such a thing, otherwise I will do as you suggest and make one up. [Actually I have just noticed that apple seem to have stopped using this method!]

I agree, the wiring within the car will be fixed with the engine mounting point being an excellent idea for connection of the ground/earth line, thanks.

Back