Trying to get a .27 engine right

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I have a .27 engine made by rex r80 a long gone company that is almost not even possible to find online, happen to make it's way in my Madfire. But I'm having trouble keeping it from turning off after braking or just sitting there. Any help?

So I have a .27 engine made by rex r80 a long gone company that is almost not even possible to find online, happen to make it's way in my Madfire. But I'm having trouble keeping it from turning off after braking or just sitting there. Any help?

You probably just need to reset the idle set screw!

The idle set screw has nothing really to do with the tune of the carb,
Its merely a set screw that stop the barrel from closing off shutting the engine off.
All you have to do ,is to turn it in a turn or 2 or until the engine stops dying when you brake!

The idle set screw has nothing really to do with the tune of the carb,
Its merely a set screw that stop the barrel from closing off shutting the engine off.
All you have to do ,is to turn it in a turn or 2 or until the engine stops dying when you brake!

all I know is hsn, lsn, idle needle.
and a big forth one on the side of the carb. on the opposite side of the linkage. Most carbs don't have it I think. (I'm not talking about the screw that takes off the carb)

yeah

If you post a couple pics, we may be able to help you out better.

Attachments

• 1484958828881893224445.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 269
Got it check this out both of you

Right here

1484958828881893224445-jpg.19039

Its not too clear ,but the mid screw looks like its too far turned in ,should be about flush with the housing!

1484958828881893224445-jpg.19039

Its not too clear ,but the mid screw looks like its too far turned in ,should be about flush with the housing!
The mid screw is the biggest one??

The mid screw is the biggest one??

Yes ,an is factory set an suppose to stay at that setting!
An it appears that your idle set screw is right there just above the flywheel ,I can barely see
a faint of it ,they are alttle hard to get to an if don't look closely ,you wont see it!
But I can see it just under the fuel line nipple ,above the flywheel ,that's your idle set screw!...:cool:

Yes ,an is factory set an suppose to stay at that setting!
An it appears that your idle set screw is right there just above the flywheel ,I can barely see
a faint of it ,they are alttle hard to get to an if don't look closely ,you wont see it!
But I can see it just under the fuel line nipple ,above the flywheel ,that's your idle set screw!...:cool:
Thanks, so it can't idle so I turn it in just before it wants to run away right?

I can't make out the pics on my phone at all... The info you are getting does sound correct tho.