Trying to decide on a truck or buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbulls20

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was thinking about buying my first nitro car but I can't decide if I should get a truck or buggy. I would rather kick up some dirt and have something pretty rugged. I will be spending a deployment in Japan here very soon and thought about taking it over with me. Bad thing is I have no idea of the terrain but from what I was told today there is plenty of off road land to play on instead of paved areas. But with that I don't know how well a buggy does on terrain thats not a dirt track. I was considering the Traxxas Revo 3.3 or T Maxx but not sure if I can get that much $$ up by then and started to look around the $400 or less range.

There is a local shop here near my base that does sell the revo and tmaxx but not sure about how easy it will be to get stuff overseas. I hear Japan does have a nice market over there that you can pretty easily find parts and fuel.

I am really leaning toward a truck now though since it should be able to take on most all terrain.

I know this isn't a exact question but maybe someone can throw out some suggestions or ideas that I didn't think of since I am brand new to this.

Thanks
Larry

I would go with the Revo in your situation. It is a good all aroung truck. can do some good bashing and handle decently even if you were to go on-road with it. Plus it has a much better reputation for durability than a T-Maxx

I don't have a lot of buggy experience, but from what I've seen with my buddy, they are faster, handle good with practice and experience, but I think they would be too much for general rough terrain bashing. Great for racing. I'm sure if I'm off on that one, someone will set me straight.

REVO for sure ....parts you can get almost anywhere.....over the net if you have to.......and they are very rugged.

I have owned 6 of these....built 5 of them from scratch.

I have a used one I would sell you ....PM me if your interested.....I would make a deal for one of our fighting finest.

TalonOne

I got mine from Talonone and love it.. pm him for a good deal :)

I will send a pm to talon then :)

My cheif keeps saying bad stuff about the revo like parts are hard to find or get shipped and that the engine was having lots of problems. But when I read on this forum the revo gets alot of good reviews.

lol.. i can easily get parts.. and they are cheap :) i have had no issues with mine :)

Back