trying to adjust servo/throttle linkage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet7288

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am working on getting my old Duratrax Maximum ST up and running again. I have the motor unseized, have replaced some things here and there and while I am waiting on some fuel to come in the mail I figured I would adjust the throttle linkage.

I am assuming it should be adjusted so that at the neutral position the engine should idle, wide open the carb is fully open and full brake the brake should be engaged and the engine should be idling.

Problem is that it doesn't seem the throttle/brake servo is giving me the full range of motion. That or I am just a noob and I am not adjusting properly.

When I set the linkage up so that the engine idles at the neutra position I'll get half throttle at best (based off of looking at the carb) when I give it a wide open throttle input from the controller.

Any pointers?

I will add that because I wasn't sure any of the electronics still worked I bought cheap (dollar store) panasonic AA batteries. Could this possibly be a contributing factor?

Last edited:
After searching around online and youube I think my problem is that my LSN is set way too low. I'll dig into it tonight to double check. Unfortunately I work until 23:00 hours so I won't be off for awhile =/. I hate coming to work in the middle of an unfinished project.

Set your idle with the idle screw not the linkage. You want a 1mm gap in the carb slider. Once this is done install your linkage and adjust. If you can't get WOT after adjusting linkage check the end point servo settings in your radio and make sure its set to give you WOT.

Back