TRX4m Injora Tarantula Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
You've probably seen this before but, figured I'd share my thoughts so far. I chose to leave this brushed because I've already spent way too much. Lol. If you install the low speed gears paired with the Holmes 66T motor, it really helps with the low speed modulation and still has good wheel speed.

If any of you have one of these and plan to leave it brushed, highly suggest you get one of these TXs. You can calibrate your steering endpoints.

traxxas tx.jpg

Before and after.

20221223_191631-01.jpeg
20231125_193434.jpg
20231125_193558.jpg

Injora Tarantula frame. Full bearings, low speed gears and Holmes 66T motor. Metal spider gears in the rear axle and metal overdrive in the front. Metal servo mount with Injora metal geared servo. High clearance links and flex blades on the lower rear. 59mm oil filled shocks, riding on 64X24 S5 sticky rock terrain tires. Brass in the fronts axle brass in the rear. It's bonkers!

Night and day difference alredy. Not done yet. My buddy and I were scheming. Waiting on parts. Let you know if it works.

That’s a really nice chassis, I bet it will do a lot better. I used that type of chassis from Injora on my scx24 and it crawls up anything like a little lizard.

Yeah, huge improvement. It climbed the wall behind it almost verticle before tipping. Lol. But, it's cold out and hard to get the tires to grip. The places I go have leaves and a little snow on the rocks too. Surprised there aren't any indoor places near the TC's. In a couple weeks I'm hoping to drive a couple hours north to an indoor course. I'll be able to really test it out. Maybe even get some video.

Kinda want to do it to another one. I know nobody has done yet. We'll see. It's the holidays and I need to buy gifts for the grandkids. Lol.