Trx4 sport for my daughter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPG

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
I recently bought a new TRX4 sport kit for my 7 year old daughter.

image.png

So far she has been driving Tamiya CC-01 and occasionally my Redcat Everest Gen7 Pro. Now it's time for a somewhat better model for her and since I had the possibility to buy a cheaper Traxxas I couldn't pass it up. I thought about painting the body and came up with two options...

The first one is a combination of rich pink with black stripes and wheel arches. Second option, after watching Chris video from Hemistorm about PS paints is also light pink PS11 and gray type light gunmetal.
Unfortunately I'm not artistically gifted and I'm already completely out of artistic sense. I really can't imagine how these colors will look together. Could you please help me and tell me which of these two options to go with and if such color combinations are ok at all?
I've already done a few one, two and three colors painting on lexan bodies, but nothing special. Hence, painting for my daughter will be simple rather than something fancy like shadowing.
In this vid the Redcat Gen7 Pro is being driven by my daughter :D and the Cherokee by my son (10 years) :D

With best wishes,
Jarek

I would try to get the color codes and put it in a drawing software and then you put them together to see how it looks.

That was some skillful driving! Wow!

I think light pink and gunmetal would look really good together, depending on the paint scheme.

Show me images of the colors and I can put them together for you if need be.

That was some skillful driving! Wow!

I think light pink and gunmetal would look really good together, depending on the paint scheme.

Show me images of the colors and I can put them together for you if need be.
That would be very nice and I would be very grateful if you could actually come up with a pattern. I don't have artistic ability at all.
I was thinking about PS11 and PS63. And there will be a third color of roof rack, black. I'm thinking as well to paint red diff covers to black.
Cool deal, it's great that you guys are able to share in the fun together. :thumbs-up:
This is really cool. It opens up new opportunities for us to spend time together and enjoy that time.
The little girl has also recently started asking about a rally car for herself 🤦 Something makes me think that next year's budget is going to get stretched hard 🤣

Last edited:
That would be very nice and I would be very grateful if you could actually come up with a pattern. I don't have artistic ability at all.
I was thinking about PS11 and PS63. And there will be a third color of roof rack, black. I'm thinking as well to paint red diff covers to black.

This is really cool. It opens up new opportunities for us to spend time together and enjoy that time.
The little girl has also recently started asking about a rally car for herself 🤦 Something makes me think that next year's budget is going to get stretched hard 🤣
I am only only on a phone, so I can't do a full on Photochop job for ya on the actual rig... but here are the colors together with a dab of highlighting.
Untitled93_20211216170302.png

As for a pattern, this one is a really easy one to do.
20210902_115805.jpg

I am only only on a phone, so I can't do a full on Photochop job for ya on the actual rig... but here are the colors together with a dab of highlighting.
View attachment 139131

As for a pattern, this one is a really easy one to do.
View attachment 139132
The colors looks like on my mind 🙂
The patern is like u said, easy one and I like arch on the fender. Maybe i could use pink as dominate color and gunmetal as a stripe like that green on the photo.

Last edited:
That turned out really great. I'd maybe add a few sponsor decals to it to break it up a bit 😉

That turned out really great. I'd maybe add a few sponsor decals to it to break it up a bit 😉
There will be stickers too 😉

At the end of May we have a 3-day event and stickers will surely still be flying in, even if the main sponsor is me and my channel on yt

Back