Trx4 LC70 Killerbody LED light kit help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjayRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone have experience with the Killerbody body light kit for LC70/ TRX4? I have all stock Traxxas electronics as this is my first RC. I have a TRX4 crawler kit so it’s 2 locking diffs and 2 speed tranny. I have an open servo channel for turn signals (there are 2 channel 1’s).
But whenever I plug anything the remaining channels labeled RPM or V/T the servo goes crazy twitching and the led on the receiver goes from green to red. Do I need a bec? I feel like I’m in over my newbie head. Help!! Sometimes I just get all flashing lights

You have a bec already thats the esc rx plug wire.. Id go to say you might need a ubec correct term.. then you will need to remove center esc rx plug wire the red 1..

Hi all. Does anyone have experience with the Killerbody body light kit for LC70/ TRX4? I have all stock Traxxas electronics as this is my first RC. I have a TRX4 crawler kit so it’s 2 locking diffs and 2 speed tranny. I have an open servo channel for turn signals (there are 2 channel 1’s).
But whenever I plug anything the remaining channels labeled RPM or V/T the servo goes crazy twitching and the led on the receiver goes from green to red. Do I need a bec? I feel like I’m in over my newbie head. Help!! Sometimes I just get all flashing lights
Ok so those are for your sensors. That can be added for your RPMs. And the V/T is for your volts and temps.. you can get the a bec or the traxxas reciver expander. For the lights. The reciver is full your have a 5channel reciver 4 servos and one esc. You have a full boat bud..

Take 1st Y splitter and plug it into channel 1 of the RX. Then connect your steering servo to one end of the spltter and the other end of the splitter in to the Killerbody control box.

Then take 2nd Y splitter and plug it into channel 2 of the RX. Then connect your ESC to one end of the spltter and the other end of the splitter in to the Killerbody control box.

Should be all good
Capture.JPG

Take 1st Y splitter and plug it into channel 1 of the RX. Then connect your steering servo to one end of the spltter and the other end of the splitter in to the Killerbody control box.

Then take 2nd Y splitter and plug it into channel 2 of the RX. Then connect your ESC to one end of the spltter and the other end of the splitter in to the Killerbody control box.

Should be all good
View attachment 135300
Wow that's why to much sh*t going on for that little guy.. the traxxas esc won't be able to power everything. Need to get a extra BEC also.. try it see what happens. But might need this

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/2262

Wow that's why to much sh*t going on for that little guy.. the traxxas esc won't be able to power everything. Need to get a extra BEC also.. try it see what happens. But might need this

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/2262
For half the price of the traxxas one you could get a Castle 10A programmable BEC. Although it doesn't come with the enclosure and the splitter and all that either.

Its just a bunch of LEDs though, you think a BEC is needed? I'm not familiar with the Traxxas ESCs

For half the price of the traxxas one you could get a Castle 10A programmable BEC. Although it doesn't come with the enclosure and the splitter and all that either.

Its just a bunch of LEDs though, you think a BEC is needed? I'm not familiar with the Traxxas ESCs
The trx 4 esc is the xl5. And the reciver isn't design to produce power..here look it's from traxxas. He could just tape a lead and a connector off his balance leads or cut one into the lipo leads. But getting a bec is a better safe option. Well sh*t I would just get rid of the traxxas set up all together and go castle sidewinder or HW 1080

https://traxxas.com/support/receive...for use with,and any electronic speed control.

Hi all. Man, thanks for the help!! Stupid question, can I run 2 becs? I asked BC when I upgrade the servo I’ve read I definitely need a bec. Thanks again guys.

Hi all. Man, thanks for the help!! Stupid question, can I run 2 becs? I asked BC when I upgrade the servo I’ve read I definitely need a bec. Thanks again guys.
You could but why would you want to?

Why would you and why do you need 2. Just get the one you need with bigger amperage

I’m planning on using a traxxas bec I have for the led kit tonight. When I upgrade the stock servo down the road, don’t I need another bec for that? Sorry for these stupid questions. This is my first build. I’m running all stock Trx4/traxxas stuff now.

I’m planning on using a traxxas bec I have for the led kit tonight. When I upgrade the stock servo down the road, don’t I need another bec for that? Sorry for these stupid questions. This is my first build. I’m running all stock Trx4/traxxas stuff now.
Unfortunately, in true Traxxas fashion, they dont give the specs for their BEC but I'm sure its capable of running a single servo and some LEDs.

Yeah. I was hoping the same. Thanks!

Should be all good
View attachment 135300
Thanks!! I tried this and got a bunch of flashing LEDs. I’ll try a traxxas bec tonight. Hopefully that helps!

Unfortunately, in true Traxxas fashion, they dont give the specs for their BEC but I'm sure its capable of running a single servo and some LEDs.
Ok so the traxxas bec sucks.. unfortunately just like the rest of their electronics. It only but out 6v @3amp... garbage so I would say get a Castle bec and a by pass harness.. let the Traxxas rx run the stock electronics and use the external castle bec to run everything else.. the servos and what not and the rx can due lights or whatever under 6v...Or you can just eliminate all of that and just upgrade to the HW 1080 80A esc with adjustable bec 6/7.4 amp with the harness to run whatever.. and have better drivable truck.. here take a look

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...awling-esc-23s-hwa30112750/p-qqaqq2qqtcqxactz

https://holmeshobbies.com/electroni...ssories/holmes-hobbies-rx-bypass-adapter.html

I’ll try a traxxas bec tonight. Hopefully that helps

Back