TRX Pro .15 Starting Issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronS88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I own a Traxxas Nitro Rustler with a TRX Pro .15 engine. The truck sat on the shelf for a few years. I finally decided to attempt to get it running again. I oiled the engine over the years it sat on the shelf and would spin it over occasionally. When i decided to get it running i purchased new fuel, new batteries, and new glow plugs. The engine primes up and the glow plugs gets hot but it will not take off and run on its own. The engine seems to gurgle like it wants to run but just will not take off. I am getting good fuel through the engine and out the exhaust. I thought maybe the EZ start was not spinning the engine over fast enough so I attempted starting the engine with a cordless drill to spin the engine over faster, but still the same symptoms. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it to stay running any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

The carbs probably gummed up. Try putting a drop of fuel into the carb and see if it'll fire. If it does, clean the carb and seal it when you re-install.

Gurgling and spitting fuel out the exhaust sounds like too much fuel is getting in the engine. Pull the fuel line and try to start it. If this is the case it will start and run a few seconds,then reattach the fuel line and try again. If it's gummed and not getting enough fuel, then try Matt's advice. Either way you may need a carb rebuild.

I don't know what I was replying to. Sorry about that. It may just need leaned until it starts.

Thank you for the help, Next free moment I have I will fool around with it some more and let you know the results.
Thanks again,
Aaron