trx 2.5r performance drop after one tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianr2011

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got done making my first run for the year and after i burned thru the first tank of fuel i refueld it and it didnt wanna run and when it did it was sluggish and had a very weird sounding exhaust way different than normal. IT sounds like something inside the engine is starting to go but I'm not sure. It may be time to change the piston and sleeve I've run about 2 maybe 3 gallons thru it since I've owned it. what do you guys think could be the problem?

Do you regularly check running temps? Maybe it got really hot?

i normally do but i didnt today, i didnt think itd be too bad being as its only about 45F degrees out today. it was blowin the light blue smoke like normal it just sounded awful and its performance was crap.

3 gallons is only getting twards the halveway point of the life of the engine,i get 8 no prob,

transmited from a mobile communications device

so what do you think i should try? try tuning the carb again or maybe a sleeve replacement. The sleeve an piston may be an issue. the break in wasn't performed exactly like traxxas woulda said do it.