trx 2.5 gas tank air leak?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1234

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a trx2.5 engine but seems to only run when throttle is half open if i tinker with the high speed and low speed enough ill get it right enough to run half way good but when i back throttle down it dies i do have a seal bad on my gas tank is this the problem? it happend all of a sudden it wasn't when it was wide open ether it was like i woke up on day and this happend.

what kind of temps are you getting on it?if its running hot for no apparent reason then i would say that u deffinetely have an air leak,...............and why on earth did you post this so many times on other peoples threads? when u have a question and you can't find an answer by using the search tool dont just jack someone elses thread!

Last edited:
If you suspect you have an air leak I suggest you replace your fuel lines first or cut 1/4 inch off of each of the ends if they are long enough. The ends will wear out over time.

I have had this problem in the past and sometimes replacing the fuel lines fixes the problem.

If this does not work I will make a few more suggestions but they are for more advanced R/C dudes and require some more work on the carb or inspection of the engine.

I would seal the engine just to prevent future air leaks there. The seal on the tank can be adjusted also by tightening down the screw under lid. I replace my fuel lines often on my trucks. :D

High Speed Low drag:whhooo:

Back