Truggy gearing set up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxy82

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I've only just signed up to this forum because it seems to have alot of knowledge.
I've just received my Lrp zr.30x and was wondering what the best gearing would be for it
Thanks

Def need some more info before this question can be answered. What is it going into? Is it mainly stock? What upgrades have you done? What are you going to use the rig for (bashing, racing etc...???) What surfaces are you going to be running it on mainly?

Sorry about that.
Hot bodies d8t tessmann edition
Will be bashing it around the local sand quarry and local parks and Bmx tracks
Just dug out an old pipe that I'm thinking of putting on it. It's a dynamite platinum 053 Mr and will be putting proline badlands on it when they arrive.

It will also be running with a 50t spur gear
I can't really remember but I think the diff oil is 7,10,3.
Cheers

What engine are you replacing? I am hoping I can find the specs on both and give you a good jumping off point anyways. Also, What were you running for a clutch bell with the old engine and were you happy with its performance and reliability?

It was a Rb21, I took it out of the rb one rtr. I think it was a 3 port with the rb pipe. I will try and find the name of it for you
It was running on a 13t
I was quite happy with how it ran there just wasn't enough power for the truggy.
I just grabbed whatever I could find to get it up and running
Cheers

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rb-pro...uggy-w-2.4ghz-radio-system-rbd0230002/p241261
Does this look like the right buggy???

This video lists a bunch of different types of rb engines with different pipes. If you can find the # on the pipe, it may give us a lead as to which engine you have. Unless you can i.d. the engine itself. From the video, it's easy to see how this engine, although running correctly would still be underpowered for a 1/8 truggy. We're on the right track and we should have our answers soon.

Last edited:
Looking at the video it looks exactly like the one on the left with the black head and the pipe was the same. If you look at the rb one rtr you will see what

I mean

PART#RBD01011-RTR

Last edited: