Trips MGT Racer Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZoMg! Machine shop sent me more pics!! Getting super excited!!

Had the mgt out by the river today, nice and sandy. man I can not wait to get it on the track!

The Shocks are amazing they just eat anything I have thrown at them so far.

Attachments

• Diff-c.jpg
    Diff-c.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Diff-e.jpg
    Diff-e.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 198
Those diff cases look nice bro!:D Glad to hear those shocks are working out for you. I may have to invest in a full set.

Hey man what's up haven't had an update on this build for awhile. I was wondering if you have decided on producing some of those chassis yet?

@hulkmaxx - Sorry just been waiting for the new parts to arrive. they should ship early this week! got some pics from annodizing of them!! I had put the chassis on hold. they are expensive to have made and I didn't seem to get a lot of interest in it. where as the other pieces I have gotten a lot of emails about.

Attachments

• 1_A-Arm.jpg
    1_A-Arm.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 1_diff.jpg
    1_diff.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 194
  • 1_knuckle.jpg
    1_knuckle.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
Front Steering Knuckles! Look awesome! I am super happy with them. the big bearings are great!! Notes: a small amount of grease is needed on the pillow ball, grub screw needs a dab of lock tight. there was a small amount of binding from the pillow balls not being perfectly round but after a small break in they work perfect!! Love them!

Upper A-Arm Mounts: Love them. In the future I would have added even more material to stiffen them up. But I am really happy with them. the 7075 aluminum is really tough stuff compared to stock!

Diff Case: would seem my dimensions where too bang on the pinion is too tight when fully assembled. I need to get the outdrive bearing carriers machined another 0.5mm in depth. Real bummer they look fantastic! I also wanted to incorporate a little more play so the pinion can be adjusted easier. Tuesday I will talk to the machine shop about correcting this :)

Back