Trips MGT Racer Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triplany

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Current Build over stock:

Chassis: LsL Racing MGT Chassis
Arms: RPM
Steering Servo: Hitec HS-7954SH
Motor: AE .21 (haven't decided on a new one yet)
Exhaust: AE Tuned Pipe with Side exit header
Tires: Pro-Line Blockade VTR 4.0" M3 and Rims (Truggy Tires)
Shocks: Pro-Line 6063-01 All the way around

Everything else is stock for now

Well Parts have finally arrived!

Chassis, Shocks, Tires showed up today! so time to start assembling!!!

The tires are wider than they look in the photo (was a quick snap with my phone)

God I love Fedex Trucks!

Attachments

• WP_20140325_001.jpg
    WP_20140325_001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Done for the evening made some good progress. the 17mm adapters and shocks took me a while though.

Attachments

• WP_20140325_003.jpg
    WP_20140325_003.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 421
Looking good! I like the Proline shocks. Are those shocks made for MGT or some other model?

Looking good so far! Hope those Proline shocks work out for you, if they do I may consider a set for my next build.

I like the way this build is starting!

Nitro : They are not made specifically for the MGT but it's what proline recommended for the MGT

Hulk : Yes they are. I had to take the dremel and a small sanding disc to them to get them to fit perfect. It just took a little while as I would take some material off test fit, rinse repeat till it fit.

Rolex made a funny LOL!:hehe: Trip later on if you want to add width you can also modify the Traxxas 17mm hubs to work. Integy also makes a really good set that are +6mm that's what I am running on mine. From my research proline said those shocks that your running they are the slash rears? If so they are the same as the old maxx and Mgt proline powerstrokes from back in the day.

Tonights progress.

I still have to do alignment. check all bolts, and on and on.

But phase 1 is almost done.

Phase 2:
April 15th my Diff cases, Upper a-Arm mounts and Steering Knuckles should
arrive from the machine shop!! New electronics, and a new engine.

Using a stock .21 engine to test with (seems my .28 is not working). threw on an RC8T filter and a side pipe.

hoping to get it out this weekend to test before I start bolting on more new parts.

I weighed it and without fuel, batteries, and the body it weighs 8.6lbs currently

150ml of fuel is about 110grams, 4 x AA batteries (I know I don't have anything else yet) about 75grams so about 1/2 lb in total to still add I am not sure of the weight of the body.

@hulkmaxx : Thanks :) I just happened to have them kicking around. when I get my new knuckles in I am going to put full 8mm axles in . The shocks are what proline had recommended but good to know they are they same as the old MGT kit (was bummed when I couldn't find one)

@Rolex : Hey you haven't seen the body on yet! maybe I have a fedex truck lol :)

@WoodiE : it's a prototype I had made. so currently it's a 1 off.

Attachments

• IMG_8156.jpg
    IMG_8156.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_8155.jpg
    IMG_8155.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited by a moderator:
Bright white, bright white!....nice to see another mgt!. Being done up,....

And hulk that is some great info on the powerstroke, same exact to the T?

Bright white, bright white!....nice to see another mgt!. Being done up,....

And hulk that is some great info on the powerstroke, same exact to the T?

From my understanding that's what proline said. I contacted the company because I was thinking of using them on my build. I was afraid about getting enough preload and shock spring options for them. And this build is looking awesome bro!

Last edited:
Slash proline rear shocks are very big..?
What's the part # on those shocks Triplany??

@Ckeithnitro - 6063-01 (the 01 is very important) 00's are smaller

Got some pics of the knuckles from the machine shop today!!

The center area takes a massive 16mm bearing!!! made of 7075-t6!

They said they should be ready to ship along with my upper a-arm mounts and diff cases around April 6th! woohoo!!

Attachments

• KnuckleA.jpg
    KnuckleA.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 225
  • KnuckleB.jpg
    KnuckleB.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 234
@Ckeithnitro - 6063-01 (the 01 is very important) 00's are smaller

Got some pics of the knuckles from the machine shop today!!

The center area takes a massive 16mm bearing!!! made of 7075-t6!

They said they should be ready to ship along with my upper a-arm mounts and diff cases around April 6th! woohoo!!

Those spares or are you selling a set bro? If so hit me up I would be interested in purchasing a complete set! 6063-01 that's the proline number for the rear traxxas slash shock set.

Pro6308-31 is the part #
Lots of spring rate choices
Pro lines website has all the specs and info..

Back