Traxxas TSM Reciver Firmware upadate fails

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmu3rd

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
My Traxxas link app is telling me I need an firmware upgrade to my TSM reciever. It completes stage 1 but fails on stage 2 about 90% through. I've retried a a half dozen times. Also the LED on the ESC is now blinking green and I can no longer connect my transmitter to the ESC. Has anyone had this problem? I suspect I need to call Traxxas but it is the 4th of July.

Thanks, I found that thread and tried the process as well as different app devices, and airplane mode. I called Traxxas and they are having me RMA the reciever. So I need to ship it to them so they can update the firmware. I guess I'll be out of commision for a couple of weeks.

Well they sent me a brand new reviever in the package which I'm happy about. They had to know that is what they would be doing since this is a common problem. So why did they make me pay $10 for shipping for a bad part back to Traxxas that I'm sure they just throw away?

Back