Traxxas Torque Control Upgrade Kit: T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytims87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone have one of these in their t-maxx currently and are they worth the money.. i just stripped another spur gear gear due to improper meshing on my part and seen these and thought about throwing one in my tmaxxx. i also read in a different thread that someone recommended a dynamite .19 forthe tmaxx. is this a direct bolt in and also worth it?

Yes i did install one on my 2.5 black trans and its well worth the $25 cost. Much better adjustment and control. Also a forward only conversion is worth every penny!

+1 for the FOC. You shave a ton of weight off your rig from all the extra gears and servo you pull off. Not to mention the less rotating mass you have in your tranny that will create less resistance when putting the power to the wheels. I've never had the torque kit so I can't help there but the OS CV-R .18 IMO smokes the Dynamite .19 all day

Thanks for the advice. Does the o.s. bolt right up then? I'm pretty new when it comes to nitros

It should being it is a small block still. And yes OS is a great engine too. But dynamite is less expensive if your wanting to save a little. .19T is $109.99 shipped

The OS is a direct fit and while a little more $ IMO they hold a tune so much better and longer than the Dynamite I have. Either way its an upgrade from the 2.5 or 3.3

The os .18 cvrx is a sweet engine. Without completely upgrading the driveline and the tranny, the engine was a direct drop in. Just make sure you get the one that's a direct replacement for your application.

The 1 I installed was a rotary carb. The original setup for my 2.5 was with a slide carb. The only "mod" that needed to be done was removing the post for the linkage and going with a direct linkage from the servo to the carb. My LHS didnt have the motor with a slide carb but I'm sure they sell the engine set up with 1

i have an old tmax with the rotary carb and .15 in it. can i use a slide carb if i get a direct replacment or go with the os. is there a power difference as far as how fast you accelerate with a slide vs. a rotary? i looked up the os engines and how do i tell which one is the one i need for my truck

Last edited:
You need the OS .18 cvr with rotary carb. It will directly replace your .15 and will be one hell of a power and performance and reliability difference. As far as a responce difference from rotary to slide i dont believe there is at all. The speed of the slide and rotary will depend on the speed of your servo. I actually have a trx 2075 on my throttle brake and its quicker than the stock 2018 by far.

Back