Traxxas tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joffie1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
20170102_162541.jpg Is this the right spur gear for the tmaxx as my throttle bar gets caught on it

You may have to loosen the carb at the intake and rotate it kust enough for the throttle linkage to pass without hitting the spur gear. I've had to do this before. Looks like the spur gear is the right one for the Tmaxx Classic model.

Yeah, I think it ran a 72T spur. You have to fiddle with rotating the carb just right so that it opens and closes fully, but the wire doesn't rub the spur.

You may have to loosen the carb at the intake and rotate it kust enough for the throttle linkage to pass without hitting the spur gear. I've had to do this before. Looks like the spur gear is the right one for the Tmaxx Classic model.
Sorted it now thank you linkage was too short causing it to have contact with spur gear

Anybody know the value of an all original pro .15 tmaxx? It's in great condition and still runs like the day I bought it. All original parts.

Probably $200 on a really good day, but odds are, much less. The old t-maxx was updated for many reasons. A lot of those parts are what people (and traxxas) replace to make it stronger.