Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 moves very slowly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabester

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a T-Maxx 3.3. While driving it, it revs up high, but moves very slow. I replaced the slipper clutch n now when u start it no matter where u adjust that nut on the backside of that gear, it just Jerks but doesn't move. It just revs up high. If u hold it in the air while running, all 4 tires spin. If on floor, when u spin that big gear on slipper clutch in the direction of the motor goes, the truck moves forward by itself. So that tells me nothing is broken.

If you replaced it, pull off the clutch and make sure it didnt spin the spur. If its too lose it will destroy a spur in seconds.While its off, make sure the pads arent glazed if its the Revo style pads.

If not those, it may be a gear on the inside of the tranny.

When you say you spin the spur amd it moves, I've stripped alot of tranny gears, that was the tale tale sign.

If you replaced it, pull off the clutch and make sure it didnt spin the spur. If its too lose it will destroy a spur in seconds.While its off, make sure the pads arent glazed if its the Revo style pads.

If not those, it may be a gear on the inside of the tranny.

When you say you spin the spur amd it moves, I've stripped alot of tranny gears, that was the tale tale sign.
I'll pull out the tranny n take it apart tonight n see what's goin on in there. If I need any gears or parts in there, should I stay with stock parts? Or aftermarket? Who do I buy from if I go with aftermarket parts? I'm new to the RC World. Thanx

Stock or robinson racing steel is the route I would take.

I would check all small stuff first before you assume its in the trans!
Check all drive pins in the axles & drive shafts including the drive cups that
are attached to the diffs with grub screws ,those are proned to work loose or fall out
an give you false failures on other stuff!

So always check your small stuff first!..:thumbs-up::cheers:

Back