Traxxas t maxx 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiler jackson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
My truck is flooding and I don’t understand why I just replaced the ez harness and now the engine floods I turned everything down high-speed low speed and then closed the carburetor and then I turned everything back on just a little and yet it still floods some how?

My truck is flooding and I don’t understand why I just replaced the ez harness and now the engine floods I turned everything down high-speed low speed and then closed the carburetor and then I turned everything back on just a little and yet it still floods some how?
welcome to the rc mad house man!
Sounds like the HSN is way out.. I would start from scratch. With factory settings for break in. Then you can re tune..

So the traxxas Tmaxx 2.5 nitro..factory setting is .
HSN 4 turns from closed
LSN the head of screw should be flush with the inside edge of the crab slid. Here is the settings in more detail from traxxas. And shows you where the LSN should be...
"Factory Carburetor Settings for TRX 2.5, 2.5R and 3.3 | Traxxas" https://traxxas.com/support/Factory-Carburetor-Settings-TRX-25-25R-and-33
welcome to the rc mad house man!
Sounds like the HSN is way out.. I would start from scratch. With factory settings for break in. Then you can re tune..

So the traxxas Tmaxx 2.5 nitro..factory setting is .
HSN 4 turns from closed
LSN the head of screw should be flush with the inside edge of the crab slid. Here is the settings in more detail from traxxas. And shows you where the LSN should be...
"Factory Carburetor Settings for TRX 2.5, 2.5R and 3.3 | Traxxas" https://traxxas.com/support/Factory-Carburetor-Settings-TRX-25-25R-and-33
Are you clearing out the head when its flooded? Or just keep trying to start it? You should clear out the cylinder if it's flooded.. then try again..are you useing a heat gun and warming up the engine before you start it.. sometime with cold starts it will flood..

Last edited: