Traxxas Sledge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a flat milled on the motor shaft for the grub screw to bite into? If so, is the pinion grub aligned so it mates to the milled flat? Is there any grooving on the motor shaft that indicates the shaft is turning inside the pinion until the grub leaves the flat and breaks? Are the threads in the pinion gear cut full length to ensure the grub screw fully engages the shaft? Is the grub screw the correct thread to match the pinion gear threads? Is the wrench used for tightening correct for the grub hex?

Just some thoughts based on personal experience. For what it's worth. Regards. 'AC'
Yes ot has a flat area on the motor shaft
Clean the grub screw and pinion with brake cleaner, put pinion in position, put a drop of thread lock in the grub screw hole in pinion, put in grub screw and allow to dry for 24 hours.
Thats exactly what in trying now i also got stronger grub screws to help

Yes ot has a flat area on the motor shaft

Thats exactly what in trying now i also got stronger grub screws to help
Another thing I do is snug the set screw, then back it off slightly and retighten slowly while rocking the pinion to ensure the set scew secures flush against the flat on the shaft. You ever seen a motor shaft where the grub dug in on one side more than the other? When the cupped point contacts the motor shaft, if the pinion is rotated slightly, the set screw can dig in on one side, and lock the pinion ever so slightly rotated. So gently snugging, loosening, rocking the pinion, and working the set screw down slowly settles the set screw nice and flat against the shaft. It is a bit OCD, anal, or whatever, but something I always do.