Traxxas Sledge: Need super durable tires !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all good , my knowledge on servos are very limited is all. I like the Traxxas 400. The red one.I just think you know more than I do on the Sledge. Sorry it came out bad. Certainly not met to sound rude. Mike.
:) :hyperbuggy:
No worries, I thought perhaps I was over reaching.
Honestly, I really like the DS3235 for the money. It is a budget unit but, they've been great for me. Perfect for a basher/dog chaser. LOL
I've also heard good things about the Hobbystar from RC Juice.
Keep in mind I'm a budget oriented guy so, there surely are better options if you don't mind dropping a $100+ on a servo.

My problem is my LHS is about 1hr 20min away. So I can't pop in and ask questions.
For some or most people it sucks. Here in MD/Baltimore. I have 2 hobby shops within a 20 minute drive. 1 is family owned. The other hobby shop is about an hour drive (The Track in Gaithersburg, 1/10 offroad track). My local track (RCUA) is 30 minutes away. Not that bad. My local track has a FB Messenger chat. Some people drive about 1 or even 2 hours just to come up. It's sad. But it's what they got to do if they want to do it.
Keep in mind I'm a budget oriented guy so, there surely are better options if you don't mind dropping a $100+ on a servo.
Yea I am a budget guy too. I would only spend 100+ if I need that torque or speed, more for a racer. But for my bashers (1/10 slash + rustler) I use this. Not sure if it will fit in the sledge or have enough power. But it has enough power for 1/10 ST and SCT wheels. I actually like this better than the traxxas servos because its a bit more faster, and it moves or steers more freely. I feel like I can lock up any traxxas servo any point in time.
https://www.rcmart.com/OMG-Servos/o...vo-for-1-10-rc-buggy-omg-st-20dm-pro-00111582

For some or most people it sucks. Here in MD/Baltimore. I have 2 hobby shops within a 20 minute drive. 1 is family owned. The other hobby shop is about an hour drive (The Track in Gaithersburg, 1/10 offroad track). My local track (RCUA) is 30 minutes away. Not that bad. My local track has a FB Messenger chat. Some people drive about 1 or even 2 hours just to come up. It's sad. But it's what they got to do if they want to do it.
Yeah that can be a drag. The track here allows for 1/10 2 wheel drive only :mad:

Yeah that can be a drag. The track here allows for 1/10 2 wheel drive only :mad:
Yea some tracks mostly smaller tracks or not so popular tracks would only run a few classes. 1/10 2wd buggies are probably the most popular class in 1/10. Next after that is 1/10 2wd ST and SCT. Also 2wd kits are more cheaper than 4wd kits as well so 2wd is the most popular class for new people getting into racing. And 2wd is fun for all people. I started out with 4wd buggy. Not sure if I want to switch to a 2wd since 4wd is more forgiving.

You might be able to reach out to the owner or race director and see if they want to have more classes in the future. It also depends how many people run those classes as well.

Yes, seems typical I think that many tracks have say 1/10 scale 2s limits..
With regards to local shops I know there a few within an hours drive from me but the internet negates the need for me. I can have 3 servos delivered to my maibox for less than my LHS wants for 1. Then have my conversations here on RC Talk! Win-Win I say🤷‍♂️😁
For 1/10 scale I like the DS3225, sometimes you can get 2 for $36 (or less) off amazon.

Yes, seems typical I think that many tracks have say 1/10 scale 2s limits..
With regards to local shops I know there a few within an hours drive from me but the internet negates the need for me. I can have 3 servos delivered to my maibox for less than my LHS wants for 1. Then have my conversations here on RC Talk! Win-Win I say🤷‍♂️😁
For 1/10 scale I like the DS3225, sometimes you can get 2 for $36 (or less) off amazon.
I agree, That's why I like this place. :)

LHS (most)provide an invaluable service by all means. A place to buy our toys and parts, as well as get advice/help too. An LHS that gives it back by providing a place to meet up and race is an important part of promoting our hobby no doubt.
I'm a homebody who generally avoids social gatherings and such, it's a character flaw I guess🤷‍♂️

LHS (most)provide an invaluable service by all means. A place to buy our toys and parts, as well as get advice/help too. An LHS that gives it back by providing a place to meet up and race is an important part of promoting our hobby no doubt.
I'm a homebody who generally avoids social gatherings and such, it's a character flaw I guess🤷‍♂️
I am not a big fan of large gatherings. I can relate.;)

Yea. With me. I am trying to get more kids//teens into it. My local track(s) are thinking about doing a summer STEM program. If we do it. Hopefully we can get some more kids/teens into the hobby.
And if they are doing it, I will see if I can help out with it.

Yea. With me. I am trying to get more kids//teens into it. My local track(s) are thinking about doing a summer STEM program. If we do it. Hopefully we can get some more kids/teens into the hobby.
And if they are doing it, I will see if I can help out with it.
Awesome!! I do enjoy gathering with like minded folks of course. I really should branch out and see what's going on in my community for rc's..
Good for you bro!! Keep up the good work!!👍

Try the Raptor MX 38, from PowerHobby. They're belted, pre-mounted, MUCH higher quality than Traxxas wheels or tires, and less costly than the ProLine tires. On top of all that, they are available in your choice of 5 different wheel colors (black, chrome, red, green, and orange).

PowerHobby 1/8 Raptor Belted Pre-Mounted

That SUCKS 😣😣😣 What fun is a track if they do not allow my sledge and do not let the dogs chase the cars as they race ???

SledgeDogs-2.jpg

Last edited:
PROLINE BADLANDS: Dog Tested and approved !!!

Thank You for the recommendation Turbo27,

I got the Proline Badlands Belted # 10166 and they are awesome !!! They fit the Traxxas Sledge perfectly, and the dogs liked them right out of the box !!!

We will see how they hold up over time, but they seem stronger the the OEM Sledgehammers. So far I like the way the feel and they do hold up to chewing well 😆😆😆

20230615_173213.jpg

20230615_175400.jpg

Good for you, and the dogs. I m glad you all like em. They look good on your rig. :thumbs-up: They have good bite in the dirt.

Just bought wheels for my Felony. Prolines.Love them as well. :thumbs-up:

Just bought wheels for my Felony. Prolines.Love them as well. :thumbs-up:
Hi Turbo27,

You must have a bunch of RC cars !

Do you know which Proline Belted tires would fit the Traxxas XRT ????

Back