Traxxas Sledge: Need super durable tires !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetPilot

RC Newbie
Reaction score
HELP !!!! I have a Traxxas Sledge and I need the most durable tires that I can find. I would guess that Belted tires would be more durable than non belted. The stock sledgehammer tires are coming apart ( Dogs Bite them ), and the foam inner cores wear out so that my tires now appear " flat ".

Does anyone know what tires would fit and last a long time ???

TraxxasDog.jpg

IMO the Traxxas tires are rubbish acrossed the board. Aside from shredding knobbies on blacktop, I've never had a set last long enough to truly wear out. Between the sidewalls tearing, foams disintegrating and rims cracking, I'll never "buy" a set of TRX wheels/tires again. Prolines are likely the best basher tires out there, Arrma Backflip would be my choice if cost is a concern. Good tires for OEM. If you're gonna let the dog chew on them, you might as well just buy the cheapest thing you can find on AliEx or Amazon cuz no tire is going to hold up to the dog bites,LOL.
Nice lookin truck👌

retro fit a set of NylaBone tires that way you will be safe.Gave my 2 children when they were teething a small Y nylbone one was blue to other pink my kids loved those thing .so did every adult that seen them sucking biting ripping at those. Melba toast right what a mess and seen blood herd fussing with those

Prolines Badlands Belted sounds good, but OMG they are expensive... I will have to bite the bullet and do it because the tires I now have will be down to the plastic rims soon. The sledge is the dogs toy, they chase and like to try to drag it off to finish the kill 😆 From the picture, I guess stock # 1016610 is the one that fits the Traxxas Sledge ???

PetsMart needs to start carrying Traxxas, it is the perfect toy for large dogs !!!!!

TraxxasDog.jpg

The Prolines are 3.48x6.80=3.8s Don't recall the $. Maybe $40 a pair? They don't pancake, and have good bite to em. 🐶
IMO the Traxxas tires are rubbish acrossed the board. Aside from shredding knobbies on blacktop, I've never had a set last long enough to truly wear out. Between the sidewalls tearing, foams disintegrating and rims cracking, I'll never "buy" a set of TRX wheels/tires again. Prolines are likely the best basher tires out there, Arrma Backflip would be my choice if cost is a concern. Good tires for OEM. If you're gonna let the dog chew on them, you might as well just buy the cheapest thing you can find on AliEx or Amazon cuz no tire is going to hold up to the dog bites,LOL.

Nice lookin truck👌
Thanks.
Prolines Badlands Belted sounds good, but OMG they are expensive... I will have to bite the bullet and do it because the tires I now have will be down to the plastic rims soon. The sledge is the dogs toy, they chase and like to try to drag it off to finish the kill 😆 From the picture, I guess stock # 1016610 is the one that fits the Traxxas Sledge ???

PetsMart needs to start carrying Traxxas, it is the perfect toy for large dogs !!!!!

View attachment 166979
yep.

Last edited:
Those Proline Badland Belted tires are 72 dollars a pair 😖😖😖 I looked directly on Proline website and also on amazon...

Sorry about the price difference. They are pricey. They are good tires though. Nice dog.

Last edited:
Those Proline Badland Belted tires are 72 dollars a pair 😖😖😖 I looked directly on Proline website and also on amazon...
This is why I buy Backflip MT's..tough tire, good traction. Non belted however, if that matters. I think the Proline are better, at least the tires themselves, rims not so much. Not a fan of the raid wheels, too many hub failures for the money. The value is not there with the Prolines for me. My personal ultimate combo would be Arrma wheels with Proline tires.

With me for my 1/10 bashers. Their tires are around 42 bucks a pair so around 80/90 for a whole set. Tires should be worth it. Wheels, maybe? They have removable hexes so if you strip them, you can replace them, or have a different offset. I use Duratrax wheels / tires. 26/30 for a pair so 60 for a set. More affordable for me. I stripped alot of the duratrax wheel hexes. But it was my fault. (Wheel nuts I was using, kept backing off so easily)

With me for my 1/10 bashers. Their tires are around 42 bucks a pair so around 80/90 for a whole set. Tires should be worth it. Wheels, maybe? They have removable hexes so if you strip them, you can replace them, or have a different offset. I use Duratrax wheels / tires. 26/30 for a pair so 60 for a set. More affordable for me. I stripped alot of the duratrax wheel hexes. But it was my fault. (Wheel nuts I was using, kept backing off so easily)
Agreed, Duratrax is good for the money but they are a "budget" brand, so they do have their shortcomings..I own alot of Duratrax wheels/tires since I'm a "low budget all-star"😉😂😂

I know the hubs are replaceable on the raid wheels and the offset as well as hex size can be changed, which is great. Proline also offers the aluminum hubs for a small fortune.. if you don't mind the cost, they are great tires.
I have had good luck with the Duratrax, as well as Dynamite. I run some Jconcepts choppers on my SCT410.3, great tires. Just picked a set of Dynamite Dirtsmiths off ebay for my Xray buggy, they're really nice tires, good firm foams in them too..it's a shame that Horizon Hobby killed off the Dynamite tire line IMO.

Last edited:
The Proline Badlands actually sound perfect !!! The hubs do not get much stress since I am running on a flat surface all the time, no jumps or hills, just trying to keep away from the dogs. If the tires last and do not come apart easily, they will be well worth the price.

I do not know anything about offset, so I am hoping they just bolt right on in place of the sledgehammers.

They bolt right on. 17mm hex. I like belted as I hate ballooning tires. That and the servo is getting replaced.

Last edited:
The stock Sledge wheels do have some positive offset, not sure what adapters the Prolines come with. Perhaps both zero and half inch? Either way they (plastic) are cheap to buy.

They bolt right on. 17mm hex. I like belted as I hate ballooning tires. That and the servo is getting replaced.
Thank you !!! Which servo is best ??? I am looking for long lasting, it does not have to be super quick. I am not racing, just trying to outrun the dogs with it 🐕‍🦺
Here is the Traxxas Sledge tire, see attached picture. You can see that the foam on the inside is worn down to nothing 😫 I am still running this tire, but it is literally like driving on flat tires....

The rip is easy enough to repair, each tire has like 10 repairs already 😮😮😮 I just clean the rubber around the tear and use GOOP glue to glue the rips back together and they hold great.

Attachments

• 20230606_123213.jpg
    20230606_123213.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 52
Thank you !!! Which servo is best ??? I am looking for long lasting, it does not have to be super quick. I am not racing, just trying to outrun the dogs with it 🐕‍🦺
Here is the Traxxas Sledge tire, see attached picture. You can see that the foam on the inside is worn down to nothing 😫 I am still running this tire, but it is literally like driving on flat tires....

The rip is easy enough to repair, each tire has like 10 repairs already 😮😮😮 I just clean the rubber around the tear and use GOOP glue to glue the rips back together and they hold great.
Wow dude! You sure got ur money's worth outta those!!🤯 Impressive!!
I can't seem to get a Traxxas tire to stay together for long enough to wear out.. even without dog bites!! LOL

I would answer but, I will let KnowAir answer for me. :rolex:

Sorry if I stepped on ya✌ I thought it was an open conversation🤷‍♂️🍻
It's all good , my knowledge on servos are very limited is all. I like the Traxxas 400. The red one.I just think you know more than I do on the Sledge. Sorry it came out bad. Certainly not met to sound rude. Mike.
:) :hyperbuggy:

Back