Traxxas Slayer 4x4 pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC/Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone:
I am thinking of getting a Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4 3.3.... What do you guys think of this rig...

I've never owned one but its a good rig its basically a revo with diff tires and rims maybe a little smaller shocks but the set up is exactly the same

Hello,
I have a Traxxas Slayer Pro. I bought it from a guy online that did extensive upgrades to it. Since then I have converted it to a brushless setup. I recently bought a losi scte and removed the electronics to put on the losi. I now have a truely nice traxxas roller I was thinking about selling. The roller is in excellent condition. If you were interested I could take some pics and post them. I'm kinda partial to it because it's so nice and the only reason I bought the losi is because all my buddies kept ragging me to change over.
I actually just stumbled across your post due to an email about a free 1/18 scale truck contest.
Anyway, if your interested I can give you some more info and pics.
Thanks

I race my slayer pro 3.3, have for quite awhile. I have a ton of upgrades and with the right setup it is sooo easy to drive fast. Out paces the losi's over all mainly due to its handling thanks the suspension and sway bars. I'd never take a losi over mine.

I will say however out of the box they are not so good. Better shocks, some aluminum or titanium parts help because it is heavy stock. Sway bars and stiffer springs are a must, along with a center diff and rear brake if you plan on racing. Overall a great and fast truck, just get some stiffer springs if nothing else lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's a sweet ride! Really too fast for me, every time it hit 2nd gear I felt out of control...lol. I've recently done the variable shock modification and springs that the traxxas site suggests. Well worth it!
I also have the titanium skid plates...those are life savers for sure.
I switched over to brushless due to not being very good at nitro tuning.
Later

Yeah, it's a sweet ride! Really too fast for me, every time it hit 2nd gear I felt out of control...lol. I've recently done the variable shock modification and springs that the traxxas site suggests. Well worth it!
I also have the titanium skid plates...those are life savers for sure.
Later

Nice choice on the variable damping pistons, I did that too and what a difference it made. The wheels rebound much faster, makes it much more stable and grounded. Plus it cost only a few bucks lol.

Later

That sux man i have nothing but nitro i had trouble with tuning when i first got into the hobby but i refused to give up on it and after reading and trial and error i got it

That sux man i have nothing but nitro i had trouble with tuning when i first got into the hobby but i refused to give up on it and after reading and trial and error i got it

^^ what he said

I tried for a long time but the 3.3 engines just seemed to run hot for me.
Seems like I was constantly running to the hobby shop for parts...
Since going to brushless, it's saved me a lot of gasoline...lol
later

That's a bummer, nitro is fun. What temps were you hitting?

Wow that's way too hot...you want around 270. Sounds like you had it way too lean.

---------- Post added at 7:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:46 PM ----------

Or not enough ventilation through the body...

Yeah...I tried everything. Just never got the hang of it...lol

Although...I really miss the sound and smell of nitro

Last edited:
Well the stock body has sufficient cooling so I'd say ya just had to turn the hsn counter clockwise a bit and you'd be good. If ya ever give it another go swing by here and ask for help, wed walk ya through it.

Dude, I had lots of help... just wasn't meant to be. I posted thread after thread for a long time. But thx for your suggestions. I may try nitro again some day. Right now I just arrived in Panama City Beach for vaca....wooohooo

Update I put a Slayer on order from Tower Hobbies $429.00 Shipped I should have by 5-23 -5-24... thanks for all the help & tips guy's

Congrats on the buy you will enjoy it no doubt once you get it and you have a little extra money go ahead and buy some extra arms rpm is the way to go. If you think it will break go ahead and get yourself an extra. Unless you have a hobby shop close then you can just run to the hobby shop. Upgrade as you break stuff

Congrats on the buy you will enjoy it no doubt once you get it and you have a little extra money go ahead and buy some extra arms rpm is the way to go. If you think it will break go ahead and get yourself an extra. Unless you have a hobby shop close then you can just run to the hobby shop. Upgrade as you break stuff

I am looking forward to getting the Slayer pro 4x4... It took just about half of my paycheck to get it... LOL.... But if I can only sell off my Electric Rig's & acc now & i'll be fine dont have the post count to go to marketplace...

Grats man! If you have any questions about it or tuning/upgrade tips feel free to ask as mine is quite upgraded.

Back