Traxxas Slash?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was in the nitro racing for years but got out of it. With the indoor track very close to where I live now I have been considering getting back into it with a Electric this time. So my question is will a Traxxas slash 4x4 brushless be a competitive race truck pretty much stock minus lipo battery and Holeshot tires? I have a very good name at the raceway with my nitro buggies but not much experience in the electric class. Most of the guys there run the Team Associated trucks so I wanted to be a little different and bring some Traxxas to the field. Without dropping a ton of coin what recommendations would you guys have to making the slash race ready?

The slash is such a rad rig. I think the only thing that might need some adjusting, to get you started alteast before you make upgrades is maybe the suspension, might be a bit "rolly" on a track, but you can play with that pretty easily. Hope you get one, I'm pumped for anyone who gets a 4x4 slash.

Thank buddy. Yeah I have always liked the slash. I'm interested to see how it will do stock out of the box. I'm going ahead and purchasing the RTR. I will give her a once over and check all the screws and oils etc. I'm not going to be racing in the expert class so I think in the novice class she will do fine.

Do most people run the 2S lipo or 3S at the racetracks? I would think the 2S lipo would be plenty for a indoor track.

Typically 2S, anyone using 3S would either have some sort of low kv set up or simply doesn't know what theyre doing. A typical set up on 3S would be extremely hard to control.

The Associated or Losi trucks will be more competitive than a slash but some guys do good at a club level with them. At the club level its usually more about who can drive better than the rig. Durango and Tekno make some good competitive kits too but theyre a lot less common than the Associated and Losi kits.

I was just reading about the Team Associated Sc10. It is a better truck. Comes with belt drive, lipo battery and charger and 16mm Big Bore shocks for about $25 more than the Slash.

Typically 2S, anyone using 3S would either have some sort of low kv set up or simply doesn't know what theyre doing. A typical set up on 3S would be extremely hard to control.

The Associated or Losi trucks will be more competitive than a slash but some guys do good at a club level with them. At the club level its usually more about who can drive better than the rig. Durango and Tekno make some good competitive kits too but theyre a lot less common than the Associated and Losi kits.
Why is the first one so much more than the second one. The first one only offers 12mm Big bore shocks and the second one offers 14mm Big bore shocks. They both have the same motor ESC etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SC10-4X4-Br...502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c96e6d60e
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associ...096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d78515a0

Well, I've never owned the associated SCTs as I have a durango myself but the cheaper one looks to be their "Qualifier series" entry level kit and the more expensive one is their "pro comp version". The pro comp has a better ESC, better servo, its reads like it has a bunch of extra "modular" chassis features and I'm sure if I kept closely comparing the two spec for spec I could probably find some more differences.

That being said that particular "pro comp" version has been discontinued and appears to have been replaced with the RS or "race spec" series. HERES a link to the different versions at Associated's website. It doesn't come with a lipo or charger but if it were me I wouldnt want the ones that come with it anyway. Look into some SMC or SPC packs and if you let me know what kinda budget youd have for a charger then I could probably make a recommendation there also.

Well, I've never owned the associated SCTs as I have a durango myself but the cheaper one looks to be their "Qualifier series" entry level kit and the more expensive one is their "pro comp version". The pro comp has a better ESC, better servo, its reads like it has a bunch of extra "modular" chassis features and I'm sure if I kept closely comparing the two spec for spec I could probably find some more differences.

That being said that particular "pro comp" version has been discontinued and appears to have been replaced with the RS or "race spec" series. HERES a link to the different versions at Associated's website. It doesn't come with a lipo or charger but if it were me I wouldnt want the ones that come with it anyway. Look into some SMC or SPC packs and if you let me know what kinda budget youd have for a charger then I could probably make a recommendation there also.
Thanks man. When I get ready to make the purchase I will get with you on Batteries and charger. My phone poop on me today so I had to purchase a new phone. That was my RC money. :(

Thanks man. When I get ready to make the purchase I will get with you on Batteries and charger. My phone poop on me today so I had to purchase a new phone. That was my RC money. :(
Is the Lucas oil one two wheel or four wheel drive? It doesn't say.

all of those should be 4wd. As I understand it all the RC10 kits are 4wd and the RC10.2 kits are their 2wd sct kits. all those in that link above are RC10's