Traxxas Slash "upgrades?"?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
i have a 2wd electric traxxas slash, everything is stock. i need good upgrade ideas, or just general ideas and suggestions.

This would all depend on your needs and if you have any weak spots. I have a slash far from stock. it has a 10.5 with a 150 amp esc. trx steering rack .aluminum. slash C hubs. rpm gear case with robinson gears inside and out. all ballbering in trans.carbon fiber chassis that I made myself. rpm A arms. cvds forgot by who?..stainless screws by screworks>(raced clods with owner)slice tires on rpm rims..best tire I have found for just about any surface but Ice..lol 2 to 3 cell smh 6000 with 100c depends how I feel..

truck must be electric (sorry, petrol-heads), 30 mph or faster without upgrades, reasonably powerful. i am not doing any hard bashing, just on the street/lawns/gravel/sidewalk/driveways outside my house or bmx track. highest jumping will be five/six feet max, if that high at all. i will probably do minor upgrades like batteries, esc, servo, motor, tires, some anodized parts, shocks, suspension.

i have a new steering servo on the way, should be here on thursday. i will also upgrade transmitter

You'll spend less money buying a VXL than changing all those parts.

i already have a 2wd slash, why buy another one?

let me say again You will spend LESS money buying a truck with the up grades than you will buying all the upgrades. I bought a 2wd stampede first and spent over 500 upgrading that's more than a new truck would have been. upgrading low end models is a rabbit hole, once you start down it you can't afford to get out

esc 80.00
motor 120.00
tires and wheels 90.00
suspension 135.00
shocks 80.00
servo 90.00
battery 100.00
good radio and receiver 299.00
you starting to get the idea

i am doing SOME of these upgrades, not all though

some of those "upgrades" are more for looks, tho. mostly, i dont care about looks

Be cautious about using too many aluminum parts. The springs are quite soft on the slash and added weight really screws stuff up on that truck.
My Son's 2wd slash has been great just with RPM a-arms, and leaving the rest alone.

truck must be electric (sorry, petrol-heads), 30 mph or faster without upgrades, reasonably powerful. i am not doing any hard bashing, just on the street/lawns/gravel/sidewalk/driveways outside my house or bmx track. highest jumping will be five/six feet max, if that high at all. i will probably do minor upgrades like batteries, esc, servo, motor, tires, some anodized parts, shocks, suspension.
Get some Floureon 2s batts! And a Venom dual 2s charger!