Traxxas Slash ?'s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello guys,
I posted a thread about a week ago called "Team Associated SC10 Vs Traxxas Slash 4x4", and you guys helped me make the best judgement and i went with the traxxas slash! I'm really exited! But anyways to the ?'s

When i brought it home last saterday night i went through what came with the truck and was supised to see a what traxxas call a center diff option. Now i read a thread by t-maxxlover14 about it but looks like he didnt get help and now i have the same? Whats it for? Whats it do things like that?

And also i bought a lipo battery for the truck its a venom 3s, 5400mah 11.1, and befor i run the truck and posibly break anything is thier anything i should be aware of when i put this battery in. Should i up grade parts or anything?

Thanks in advance to every one.

For the lipo question, make sure the lipo cutoff is on, I can't remember if it automatically detects lipo or not so make sure you check or you will kill the lipo. Other than that, no, put it in and prepare to say HOLY SH!T!!! If you do alot of non stop speed runs, it might heat up pretty good so just watch that but you should be just fine.

I run a 3s in mine part of the time and all I have done is blow out a spur gear. Stock up on them! The center diff will give you better handling but it is weaker than the spur gear from everything I have heard. I think most folks run 2s with the center diff to be safe. Upgrade parts.....when you break something, upgrade it. But I don't go buying parts just for the hell of it. If it breaks, replace it. Any-who... what are you waiting on? Light that bad boy up!!!

***EDIT***I am pretty sure it auto detects the Lipo voltage. Mine came with out the Lipo cut turned on...so read up on that one for sure. That ESC also has a soft cut-off so that means when you hit the cut-off voltage the power will cut in half...bring it in for a swap out or charge. Like SNG said Holy Bat CrapMan! I Love drifting mine on wet pavement!!!!

Last edited:
The center diff is just there to transfer power more evenly front to back. Without it, just the slipper is there to control power pretty much equally front to rear. The diff allows power to move front to rear as needed....and helps improve traction a TON when racing. If I were bashing...I wouldn't bother with it really.

As far as the 3s goes....you can run it, but that's a lot of power for that system...and it wears stuff pretty quickly due to that. I run mine on 2s and it has PLENTY of power when geared correctly ;-)

Hey thanks guys this helps me out alot. I can't wait to run the lipo, but i have a ? for slowgreen, What is lipo cutoff? And how do i turn it on like you said.

So sounds like i dont need to worry about the center diff inless i race which will be an easy swap come race day, but between work and school its already dark by the time i get home so i wont be able to try the lipo out tell the weekend. But like you said i have extra spurs just in case.

If lipos are discharged too much, they can become damaged or even volatile(go pop). The lipo cutoff is built into the esc, and cuts power to the motor so you don't ruin lipos. I'm sure the manual explains the setup process.

Yeah it is real easy to turn the low voltage cut off on. It is in the book and takes a minute to do. No problems! Just make sure it is on when you toss a Lipo at it. Like I said earlier the factory default is OFF because it comes with a NiMh 7 cell battery.

As already mentioned, when you first hit the trigger on that 3S pack; that sound you hear, that's your mind blowing. :D The setup process for the ESC (including enabling lipo mode and LVC) is listed in detail towards the back of your owners manual, or alternatively you can get it here, on pages 16 & 17.

http://www.traxxas.com/pdfs/6808_manual.pdf

Thanks guys i will look at it when i get home. Hopefully I get a new camera for christmas and i can upload pics of the slash if you guys would like.

Sure....but we like dirty pictures...yeah! Get it muddy...ooooh.. or snow. Yeah! That would be Sa-weet. Too bad I don't get snow here.

well for colorado I'm surpised it hasnt snowed yet, and with the rc cars i look forward to the snow lol. if i get the camera i will get alot of good pics maybe even some video's

well for colorado I'm surpised it hasnt snowed yet, and with the rc cars i look forward to the snow lol. if i get the camera i will get alot of good pics maybe even some video's

Few things in my RC history, if any, compare to running my brushless pede on 3S in the snow last year. I have paddle tires for this winter, I'm ready. Now watch it not snow at all this year. :hehe:

This is awsome I just checked this thread and it answered my questions, just picked up a platinum today and got the body painted tonight heading to track thursday or friday woohooo. I think I will try out the differential, I will be running 2s lipos, track is tight and I have a hard enough time trying to keep my trucks on the track without adding extra power.

Cool man glad it helped you out to! and ya thats my luck i get the slash and want to drive it in the snow and now my luck it wont snow lol. paddle's? where can i get some?

duramax47, it sounds like you used the search feature. Where did you find the button? I don't think anyone else knows it's there. :D

Proline stuff looks really good but i looks like i can only get the paddles i would like to buy the full set wheels and paddles so i dont have glue or anything. Is their any out their.

I have been looking for suburbs or something very similar premounted for the 4x4 slash anyone?

Back