Traxxas slash 4x4

• Thread starter Longtimetrxxuser0311
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longtimetrxxuser0311

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Having trouble keeping the front end down on my traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate edition running on 3s and on compact dirt. Truck is still stock for the most part except for the upgrades it came with. I haven’t tried tuning the suspension yet because I’m still doing some research on what to do so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Where I run my RC is a big open field with some rocks and uneven surfaces some loose dirt and lots of full throttle action. Will take any input and see what I can tune per all input. Thanks

You can try adding weight to the front. I know there are weights you can buy for the 2wd Slash, or you can just use some lead up front. I dont't have a 4wd Slash, so not too familiar with it.

Stiffen the rear shocks slightly by using a heavier spring and/or thicker oil.

Loosen the slipper slightly.

Add a little more pre-load to rear springs (add spacers).

Buy a shorty LiPo pack and shift it forward in the battery tray.

Welcome to the fun house bud. Easiest way would be as mentioned above. You got to stiffen up your shocks. Stock you probably got 30-40wt oil. Get stiffer springs. VG RACING. makes great springs. That's where I get all my springs. Also go up to 50wt oil. Cam try adjusting the spring collars down to stiff springs. Trying to not allow the rear to sink so much

slipper clutch adjustment and softer springs rear

when i like to do wheelies i set up my shocks hard with setting screw,
if i like have great handling i soften my shocks

you have spacers maybe , have spacers if you like do wheelies
take of them when you want handling and stability
Welcome to the fun house bud. Easiest way would be as mentioned above. You got to stiffen up your shocks. Stock you probably got 30-40wt oil. Get stiffer springs. VG RACING. makes great springs. That's where I get all my springs. Also go up to 50wt oil. Cam try adjusting the spring collars down to stiff springs. Trying to not allow the rear to sink so much

stiffen/harder ?
NO this makes the car wheelie more.

CHILL with that smoke dude :)

I have the gtr shocks with black springs stock and oil is stock also I will be trying this week to tune it up w these suggestions

stiffen/harder ?

I thought about that it’s hard compact dirt and having a softer suspension in the rear will help.

stiffen/harder ?

Never to much smoke. Haha😉. I always run stiffer set up in the rear don't want to squat to far. Probably smacking ground now as is.
I have the gtr shocks with black springs stock and oil is stock also I will be trying this week to tune it up w these suggestions

I thought about that it’s hard compact dirt and having a softer suspension in the rear will help.
Try tighten the sping collar first. Before going all out. And mess with the diffs and everything else. It's going to be in the springs. Not so much the oil. What motor and gearing are you running. All stock??

stiffen/harder ?

Stiffening up the rear springs and oil prevents the car from being able to transfer weight to the rear and increase the traction of the rear tires, letting them slip a bit more. So less wheelies.

What you are saying makes sense as well though, but it depends on the driving surface, tires, traction, etc. If your shocks bottom out because they are too soft, which I am guessing might be happening here, it can cause the car to wheelie when the shocks take a hard hit.

Spent lots of time tuning my Koni's, trying to dial in the launch on my '90 Mustang. Firmer rear shocks made the tires spin past the 60' mark. Softer shocks made it to hook and pull the front end up.

Never to much smoke. Haha😉. I always run stiffer set up in the rear don't want to squat to far. Probably smacking ground now as is.

Try tighten the sping collar first. Before going all out. And mess with the diffs and everything else. It's going to be in the springs. Not so much the oil. What motor and gearing are you running. All stock??
All stock on 3s I’ve ran it a few times to test it stock now it’s time to really play w the modifications

Stiffening up the rear springs and oil prevents the car from being able to transfer weight to the rear and increase the traction of the rear tires, letting them slip a bit more. So less wheelies.

What you are saying makes sense as well though, but it depends on the driving surface, tires, traction, etc. If your shocks bottom out because they are too soft, which I am guessing might be happening here, it can cause the car to wheelie when the shocks take a hard hit.

Spent lots of time tuning my Koni's, trying to dial in the launch on my '90 Mustang. Firmer rear shocks made the tires spin past the 60' mark. Softer shocks made it to hook and pull the front end up.

We can't talk about real car and this slash sadly.

This got motor also in rear

i have 2pc 4x4 slashes and they do wheelies alot if you stiffen rear shocks

only way to avoid wheelies is loosen clutch and also shocks rear, i know this 100% when we talk about slash

Luckyly this is 4wd with motor little more center than 2wd

the 2wd have motor behind rear wheels , its maximum at the rear, these are hard drive on 3s

Last edited:
Back